6th September 2012, 07:49 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for ISAT Exam? Which Books should I prepare for this?

may i now how to prepare for isat and what are books to be refered to succeed in that examination?

6th September 2012, 01:18 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for ISAT Exam? Which Books should I prepare for this?

The Illinois Standards Achievement Test (ISAT) is quite simply an objective assessment of a test taker's requisite foundation of knowledge and skills.

Eligibility for Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology is as under-

*Person who have OBC Categories must born after 1 october 1987
*Person who have SC,ST and OC Categories born after 1 october 1982
*A person should score Minimum 70% from any recognized schools in stateboard or central board
*A person should score at least 70% in Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics

Prep Tips for ISAT

To perform well in the IIST’s ISAT, students need to put in a lot of work hard over a period of time. Even though the competition is less, the exam paper is quite tough. The competition for IIST admission test is primarily due to the less number of students being inclined towards the Space Science studies.

Candidates should have strong knowledge of the concepts in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Clarity of concepts and the ability to apply this conceptual knowledge is an essential trait being looked for.

Practicing with IIST sample papers is important to know the pattern of the paper. Take timed tests to calculate your problem solving ability.

You can refer the following Books for ISAT exam as under-

~Physics
H C Verma,Arihant,Pradeep Fundamental,I E Irodov

~Chemistry
P Bahadur,GRB Publication,TMH for Chemistry,R S Mukherjee, NCERT,Peter Sykes’ Reaction Mechanism for Organic Chemistry

~Mathematics
M L Khanna,R D Sharma,Arihant Prakashan Books for Maths,Das Gupta,S L Loney (Trignometry)
12th September 2012, 06:24 PM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to prepare for ISAT Exam? Which Books should I prepare for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
may i now how to prepare for isat and what are books to be refered to succeed in that examination?

SOME INFORMATION ABOUT ISAT

* ISAT STANDS FOR Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology.

*Scheduled Castes=15%.

*Scheduled Tribes=7.5%.

*Other Backward Classes belonging to Non – Creamy Layer ( NCL ) – 27%

*Physically Disabled=3% ( Horizontal Reservation ).

*Only Indian citizens are eligible to appear in ISAT.

*The date of birth of candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories should be on or after 1st October, 1987, while the date of birth of those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories should be on or after 1st October, 1982.

*Candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories require an aggregate of at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics ( PCM ) in the qualifying examination ( 10 +2 or equivalent ) to make them eligible for appearing in ISAT 2012 and those belonging to SC / ST / PD should have an aggregate of at least 60% marks in PCM subjects in the QE.

BOOKS

~Physics
H C Verma,Arihant,Deprave Fundamental,I E Irodov

~Chemistry
P Bahadur,GRB Publication,TMH for Chemistry,R S Mukherjee, NCERT,Peter Sykes’ Reaction Mechanism for Organic Chemistry

~Mathematics
M L Khanna,R D Sharma,Arihant Prakashan Books for Maths,Das Gupta,S L Loney (Trigonometry)

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?