17th March 2012, 10:55 AM
gajendra444

How to prepare for RAS Exam in 2 months?

gud mrng sir how can i prepair r.a.s. exam in 2 month

21st June 2013, 04:17 PM
surya143prakashrao
Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for RAS Exam in 2 months?

For RAS preparation you need to know about the pattern of examination and selection procedure. There are 3 stages- first is the preliminary exam,second is mains exams and the third is interview.
For Preliminary exam- There are 2 papers- General Studies and the Optional paper which you have to choose as per your own interest. I suggest you to go for your B.Tech subjects only if you have command over it. In the other case i would suggest to go for Public administration or geography or sociology. All these subjects are easy to understand and they are very much helpful for mains exams preparation. You can have the material from coaching institutes or you may also join any institute in delhi if possible or at your place if there is any. For G.S preparation i would suggest to read The Hindu newspaper,any monthly magazine Civil services chronicle or Pratiyogita darpan, India year book which you have to read for mains exam also. Apart from current affairs you also have to cover Indian polity,Indian economics,geography Indian history, science and technology and mental ability. And there would be questions regarding the state.

For mains- unlike preliminary exam this is subjective paper. you have to choose 2 optional papers along with G.S. I would suggest to keep Public administration as one of your optional as it has practical application also. The second optional you can choose as per your interest. For G.S preparation you have to do thorough study.. polity,history,economics ,geography,science and technology,statistics. For current affairs you have to cover national news,social issues.international news and india's bilateral relation with other countries. There are 2 more papers- hindi and english. Mark that you get in these 2 papers will be also be added along with other paper's marks. The priliminary marks will not be added with the mains exams marks.

For Interview- After you clear mains you just have to brush up your optionals n go through paper daily n try to make up your own opinion on major issues. You should have complete knowledge about your state.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?