18th September 2010, 07:27 PM
nikhil9867

How to score high marks in CET? How to solve the paper fast?

How to score high marks in CET? How to solve the paper fast?

please reply

12th April 2011, 04:02 PM
dava

Default Re: How to score high marks in CET? How to solve the paper fast?

To score high , scoring fast is important and at the same time no making many wrongs .First you need to cover on the main topics while your preparing , keep a small list of formulas , so that you can refer to them when ever possible . There are some techniques shown in books , which will help you solve problems , most importantly practice , the more you do, the more faster you can solve. Start solving the questions which you feel easy first , if you are stuck on any question leave it and move on to the next , dont waste time for a single question .

Focus on your strengths. Dont waste too much time on Maths as there are only around 20 questions out of 200. But be comfortable with numbers for logic and DI questions. Focus more on reasoning and English questions as those carry the most weight age.it will help if one brushes up some word list.

The target score would depend on how much u r scoring. So if your target is 120, you need to get an average of 120/150 = 0.8 marks per minute. That means around 4 marks in every 5 minutes.Identify those questions where u can score at this pace or something around this. The questions u cannot score at this pace, you need to either improve the speed or keep it in the end for wild guessing. This is one way of analysing the paper.
With only few days to go for CET, I see a lot of people scrambling for more and more papers. The most common mistake that students do is solve a lot of papers without analysing the same. It is advisable to keep atleast a day's gap between two papers. One day should be used to throughly analyse the paper. Analysis should be done based on the time consumed in each area and the accuracy level. Identify the questions which you have a low accuracy. Check whether u can improve accuracy on the same. If u cannot improve accuracy on the questions, then there is no point wasting too much time on it. Focus on how u can reduce the time spent on the questions with low accuracy, so that you can spend more time on the others. Ensure that all the questions which usually takes a lot of time and you have low accuracy, keep it for the end or keep it for blind guessing in the end.
12th April 2011, 05:18 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

hii, no short cut to sucess work hard and take cet coaching with good insti. like expert and solve as many solutions as you can.
12th April 2011, 05:29 PM
aksavjeet
Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to score high marks in CET? How to solve the paper fast?

For Getting High marks, you have to have a very good hand practice on questions, The Thing is that the questions are repeated, they are of similar type, other than that of IITs,
You just have to get your basics right,
and the most important thing be confident, not over confident, otherwise you will loose many of your marks in negative marking, Never go for answering at last times.http://entrance-exam.net/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif
This is my personal experience, I hope you find it usefulhttp://entrance-exam.net/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif
18th April 2011, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

I want to take admission in medical college,but i had not prepared for entrance exam,and my physics and chemistry are so poor,what should i do? Is their any tricks or shortcut which help me
2nd May 2011, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

i am struggling at 170 What i do for around 190
9th November 2011, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

i hav problem in solving % problems in physics
12th November 2011, 10:20 AM
rudramishra

To score high , scoring fast is important and at the same time no making many wrongs .First you need to cover on the main topics while your preparing , keep a small list of formulas , so that you can refer to them when ever possible . There are some techniques shown in books , which will help you solve problems , most importantly practice , the more you do, the more faster you can solve. Start solving the questions which you feel easy first , if you are stuck on any question leave it and move on to the next , dont waste time for a single question .

Focus on your strengths. Dont waste too much time on Maths as there are only around 20 questions out of 200. But be comfortable with numbers for logic and DI questions. Focus more on reasoning and English questions as those carry the most weight age.it will help if one brushes up some word list.

The target score would depend on how much u r scoring. So if your target is 120, you need to get an average of 120/150 = 0.8 marks per minute. That means around 4 marks in every 5 minutes.Identify those questions where u can score at this pace or something around this. The questions u cannot score at this pace, you need to either improve the speed or keep it in the end for wild guessing. This is one way of analysing the paper.
With only few days to go for CET, I see a lot of people scrambling for more and more papers. The most common mistake that students do is solve a lot of papers without analysing the same. It is advisable to keep atleast a day's gap between two papers. One day should be used to throughly analyse the paper. Analysis should be done based on the time consumed in each area and the accuracy level. Identify the questions which you have a low accuracy. Check whether u can improve accuracy on the same. If u cannot improve accuracy on the questions, then there is no point wasting too much time on it. Focus on how u can reduce the time spent on the questions with low accuracy, so that you can spend more time on the others. Ensure that all the questions which usually takes a lot of time and you have low accuracy, keep it for the end or keep it for blind guessing in the end.
2nd December 2011, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Which book is good for practising for CET test
17th December 2011, 10:01 PM
Roh weitg

actually m searching for CET ques paper .... but not getng proper ques. blank wid answer... plz recommend sum useful site for cet exam.s.
29th December 2012, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

is preparing at home good for cet exam? or is it necessary to go to private tutions?
17th October 2013, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to take admission in medical college,but i had not prepared for entrance exam,and my physics and chemistry are so poor,what should i do? Is their any tricks or shortcut which help me
ok. you can still you have a chance to get into medical college. all you need to do is to refer some expert books ask your elders,professors if you have any queries. just focus on important questions and formulaes .

i wish you best of luck .....& try try until you get the seat in best medical college................
22nd March 2014, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

i am ok with chem and bio but i find phy so diff what can i do please help me
7th March 2016, 08:48 AM
sanket jaybhaye

am so week in problem of phy but I try to solve problem I want to solve problem very well and fast what can I do please replay
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?