30th June 2013, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for MAT entrance exam easily?

How to prepare mat entrance exam eassly...please tell me hw should I do it

27th July 2014, 10:59 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for MAT entrance exam easily?

First of all, you need understand that MBA encompasses the sphere of marketing, sales, business strategies while BCA is all about technology. If you have the clarity to pursue MBA the you should start preparing for the competitive tests like MAT, CAT, XAT. Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a test being administered for Business Schools to pick candidates for admission to MBA and allied programmes. Eligibility for MAT Examination is graduation in any discipline from a recognised university with minimum 55 per cent marks. The controller of MAT exam is All India Management Association (AIMA). The exam is conducted four times in a year and in the month of January, May, September and December.
18th March 2015, 01:28 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for MAT entrance exam easily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to prepare mat entrance exam eassly...please tell me hw should I do it
If you want to pursue MBA then you can sit for MAT which is one of the most popular MBA entrance examination after CAT. By cracking this exam successfully you can get admission in some of the top B-Schools in our country which offers good placement.

MAT whose full form is Management Aptitude Test is a paper based test plus a computer based test which is conducted by the AIMA which is conducted for four times every year. Thus the students gets more chances of trying their luck.

To sit for this exam the following eligibility criteria needs to be satisfied:-
  1. You need to be a graduate in any discipline of your choice.
  2. No minimum percentage has been mentioned which means just pass marks would do.
  3. Students in the final year of their college are also eligible to give this exam.
Exam Pattern:-
  • Mathematical Ability: 40
  • Intelligence and Logical Reasoning: 40
  • Language Comprehension: 40
  • Data analysis and data sufficiency: 40
  • India and Global Environment: 40
Exam Preparation Tips:-
  • In the exam mainly objective type questions will be asked and the total duration of the exam is 150 minutes. So this means the time management skill needs to be adopted successfully first and that can only be done when you allot a certain amount of time to each section and try and solve the section within that stipulated time. By doing so you can give ample amount of time to each section and study more deeply.
  • For the mathematical ability section only practice is the key. Solve as many sample papers as possible to understand the question patterns and the difficulty level of the sums. Firstly try to understand the pattern in a conventional way and then try to apply short cut methods to kill time.
  • For the comprehension section read as many articles as possible as that will only give you speed and precision.
  • For the general awareness section its important to keep yourself updated about what's happening around you. Therefore read news dailies and magazines, watch news channels and browse the Internet to keep yourself updated.
  • When everything else fails then seeking professional advice is always a wise idea. If you think its not possible for yourself to do all these things alone then get enrolled in an MBA coaching institute which teaches MAT and follow their teachings properly.
Recommended Books:-
  • Mission MBA MAT Guide by B S Sijwali and Tarun Goyal
  • MAT (Management Aptitude Test) Entrance Exams by GKP
  • Study Package For Management Aptitude Test by Arun Sharma (Tata McGraw-Hill)
  • MAT Score Accelerator (Disha Publication)
  • 10 Challengers MAT: 10 Mock Tests for Management Aptitude Test by Dharmendra Mittal
  • R S Aggarwal for Class XI and XII – Maths
  • 10 Mock Test Papers MAT by Career Launchers (Oswaal Books)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?