12th January 2016, 01:02 AM

How should I start my studies to crack IES exam in first attempt?

Hi friends I am currently studying in MBM engineering college with civil branch
& I am also 1st year student. I want to crack IES exam in first attempt so how should I start my studies?

12th January 2016, 05:56 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I start my studies to crack IES exam in first attempt?

The most important role in cracking Indian Engineering Services examination is conceptual clarity of technical subjects of Engineering. You are in first year of engineering, so you need to start building clear cut concepts of different subjects of Civil Engineering for this exam.

You can apply for this exam in final year of engineering, so a long way to go for this exam. Make a routine and stick to it at any cost. Give proper timings of each and every subject from which questions are asked in this exam. Do not leave any subject.

Make a habit of reading newspapers and NCERT books for General ability test which is an important paper in this exam. If you feel that you are not able to do self study then join coaching institute like MADE EASY for better preparation in prefinal year of engineering.
12th January 2016, 07:39 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi friends I am currently studying in MBM engineering college with civil branch
& I am also 1st year student. I want to crack IES exam in first attempt so how should I start my studies?
IES stands for Indian Engineering Services.

IES is conducted by UPSC every year in the month of May.

Important Dates
IES 2016 Notifications will be released on 16.01.2016 along with their Online Applications.
And last date to apply for IES Exam is 12.02.2016
Date of Commencement of Exam is 13.05.2016

For better preparation of IES Exam, you must start your preparation right from 2nd year.

As you are currently in Ist year, so you must firstly complete your Ist year smoothly with good score.

Then, right from 2nd year you can start preparation for your IES Exam through good reference books like:

IES Indian Engineering Services: Civil Engineering Chapterwise Solved Objective Paper, 2015 - 2000 (Paper 1 and 2) (Paperback) by Ajay Kumar, Ashish Kumar
Price: Rs. 256

UPSC Electrical Engineering Solved Papers 1st Edition (Paperback) by RPH Editorial Board
Price: Rs. 441

UPSC Civil Engineering Solved Papers 1st Edition (Paperback) by RPH Editorial Board
Price: Rs. 376

IES, GATE, PSUs: A Handbook for Electrical Engineering 1st Edition (Paperback) by ME Team
Price: Rs. 135

IES - 2015: General English by ME Team
Price: Rs. 171
12th January 2016, 11:44 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

You have good spirit and determination to achieve your goal.

Follow these points;

First off all keep your basics clear from the beginning as you are first year student.

Make your weaknesses your strengths by more and more practicing.

Subscribe some weekly or monthly magazines such as success mirror etc to keep your self.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?