11th August 2011, 06:13 PM
SALAM BRAJABIDHU SINGH

How to study for NET after finishing MSc in Department of Statistics?

sir,
I am the student of Manipur University , I have finish M sc last 2 yr in the department of STATISTICS ,now i want to study for net for population study , i have no any study material , so kindly inform .

Related Questions:
3rd June 2017, 06:14 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study for NET after finishing MSc in Department of Statistics?

Yes, you are eligible for studying masters in population study. The full details about entrance exam and eligibility are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should completed their graduation degree or any equivalent degree from computer science/ statistics/ mathematics/ science/ social science/ commerce with minimum 48% from any recognized university.
- The age limit is 25 years and there is age relaxation for the reserved candidates.

Eligibility criteria for NET:
- The candidate should have doing or complete their graduation with minimum 55% from UGC.

Masters in population studies is a 2 years graduation course. Population studies includes instructions in population growth, spatial distribution, mortality and fertility factor etc.

After completing this course the job opportunities you have are
- Assistant professor
- Statistical assistant
- Caretaker
- Counsellor
- Database administrator
- Lecturer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?