21st February 2012, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

How will I give IPS Entrance Exam pursuing final year of 12th class?

Sir i am in 12th final year how i give ips entrance exam

21st February 2012, 11:10 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How will I give IPS Entrance Exam pursuing final year of 12th class?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service, one of the popular civil service. There is no separate Entrance Exam for the candidates to be placed in IPS. Instead, there is civil services examination, which is the common entrance exam for the candidates to be placed in various civil services like
-IAS
-IPS
-IRS etc.

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to join IPS by cracking this exam soon after the completion of 12th class.

This is because, the minimum academic qualification that a candidate should possess to appear for this exam is Graduation.

Have a look over the eligibility criteria for this exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation can also apply for this exam.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-For the candidates of SC/ST category, relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years.

The complete selection procedure will be by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

So, I suggest you to have good preparation for this exam along with your Graduation course and apply for this exam in the final year of your Graduation course.

For complete information on this exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
21st February 2012, 11:40 AM
Syedsam01
Member+

Default Re: How will I give IPS Entrance Exam pursuing final year of 12th class?

Dear aspirant,
Sorry to say that after 12th you are not eligible for IPS(Indian Police Service) because you are not fulling the minimum eligibility criteria for IPS or Civil Service which is Graduation from any stream from any Indian University or deemed university and the minimum eligible age is 21 years which is also not fulfilled after 12th. But you can start preparation after 12th it will help you a lot and gave you a strong base, I hope it will help you, Best of luck.
21st February 2012, 03:14 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI!
After passing 12th you have to pass graduation with any stream you want..
I.P.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream from recognized university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
21st February 2012, 04:42 PM
er.skp.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear friend to be eligible for ips you should have a bachelor's degree from any of the recognized university with a minimum marks of 35%, after 12th you cannot appear for upsc exam, after your degree you can appear for upsc exams
best of luck
5th July 2014, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Hi ,Iam Ranjana
I Am Passed 12th i Am Intrested Ips So how Can I join IPS TEme
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?