22nd December 2018, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

IAS after completing B.Com and IPCC of Chartered Accountants is possible?

I'm graduated in B.Com from University of Delhi and also cleared my IPCC. Now looking for articleship in big 4. I am pursuing M.Com from IGNOU. And now l also want to do IAS. Basically I want to know the eligibility or criteria or everything related to this course. Actually I'm really confused about it. Please guide me.

26th December 2018, 10:46 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: IAS after completing B.Com and IPCC of Chartered Accountants is possible?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer you need to qualify the Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC once every year.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for the same examination as below you must hold the citizenship of India

* Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years. Further, there is provision of age relaxation for candidates belonging to reserved category as per the government rules.

* You must have completed your bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Candidates pursuing final year of their bachelor's degree also eligible.

So, having completed your B.Com degree course you are eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination and therefore to become an IAS officer by qualifying the Civil Services examination.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?