27th September 2015, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

ICSE student can appear in IIT entrance exam?

If a student who has studied from ICSE Board can i'll be able to give the entrance test of iit? Someone told me i cannot.

28th September 2015, 03:29 PM
JSD.

Default Re: ICSE student can appear in IIT entrance exam?

No you got incorrect information. Definitely you can go for the IIT with ICSE board.

For getting the admission in top IITs NITs and other top rated engineering colleges one have to appear in the entrance exam known as JEE mains and Jee advanced.

The basic eligibility criteria for these exam is to have a successfully passed in +2 course from a PCM background. Consecutive three attempts are available for Jee Mains and two attempts for Jee advanced.

You can also appear in your +2 year for this exam.You will get the admission in the colleges on the basis of your marks as well as rank which you will opt in the entrance exam.
29th September 2015, 07:36 PM
ant man

Default Re: ICSE student can appear in IIT entrance exam?

Yes you can apply for IIT-JEE exam after completing 12th PCM from ICSE board. The entrance exam is one of the toughest exam in whole country so you must do a lot of hard work to get admission.

The eligibility for IIT-JEE exam is

1. A candidate must complete 12th with MPC group from a recognized board.
2. The minimum marks percentage required in 12th is 60%.
3. The minimum age limit is 17 years of age.
4. The maximum age limit is 25 years.

You can apply for the entrance exam in the month of November through online process. The entrance exam will be conducted in the month of April.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?