5th April 2015, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

ICSE or CBSE Board which is better to study after completing 10th to pursue B.Tech in IIT?

Sir,
I am class 10 student studying in ICSE board. I am getting above 90% in PCM, should I continue with ICSE board in further classes or take CBSE? My aim is to do B.Tech from IIT. What should I do regarding this? Please help me out.

9th April 2015, 07:54 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: ICSE or CBSE Board which is better to study after completing 10th to pursue B.Tech in IIT?

You can pursue your 11th and 12th standards in any board whether it is CBSE or ICSE board but, try to choose the board in such a way that which board syllabus you can understand easily. I suggest you to opt for CBSE Board because, most of the All India competitive examination question papers are set from CBSE Board syllabus. So, by pursuing your 11th and 12th standards from CBSE board, you can get good marks in JEE Main and Advanced examinations and you can easily get admission in B.Tech course at IIT.
9th April 2015, 11:10 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: ICSE or CBSE Board which is better to study after completing 10th to pursue B.Tech in IIT?

Both ICSE and CBSE boards are good and both have their own advantages.
But as your aim is B.Tech from IIT then CBSE board has an upper edge.
CBSE books are very good for the preparation for JEE exam that is entrance exam for admission in IITs for B.Tech.

In order to better preparation for IIT entrance exam, I suggest you to opt for CBSE Board.
It will be easy for you to prepare for JEE advance and Main exam with CBSE board and NCERT books.

You can also crack JEE exam with ICSE board but it will require more hard work as compared to with CBSE board.
10th April 2015, 08:03 AM
anamikasenrocks

For B.Tech in IIT you would have to clear JEE Main examinations. Please log onto www.jeemain.nic.in to download the application forms. But right now you are in class 10. You would have to apply sometime in next year January. Now coming to the part that whether ICSE is better or CBSE? Both are equally good for IITs. Since both boards cater to JEEs and AIPMTs, joining either board will suffice.
Since you are in ICSE, don't leave that. Instead hone up your Physic, Chemistry, Mathematics skills for JEE Main.
10th April 2015, 10:31 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

If you are a good student and are scoring considerably well then it advisable to you not to change your board.

You can score considerably well even after staying in the same board and you do not need to change your board just because of the concept that you will score well if you change your board.

There is nothing as such, but yes, the only benefit you would get if you switch over to CBSE board is that, most of the competitive examination follows CBSE syllabus and pattern.

Apart from this there is no such difference, according to me you should stick to ICSE board and study hard enough and you will surely score quite well in your IIT-JEE entrance examination.
11th April 2015, 01:40 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Thumbs up Re: ICSE or CBSE Board which is better to study after completing 10th to pursue B.Tech in IIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am class 10 student studying in ICSE board. I am getting above 90% in PCM, should I continue with ICSE board in further classes or take CBSE? My aim is to do B.Tech from IIT. What should I do regarding this? Please help me out.
Yes, you can go with the ICSE board if you have obtained this much of good marks rather than opting for CBSE board. Or, you can also get into the CBSE board. But, i will suggest you to stay in the ICSE board only. And prepare for the IIT as well as NIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?