17th August 2010, 04:03 AM
punitagrawal

IPS Exam 2011: Application Forms, Tentative Dates, Preparation, Books?

respected sir,
i am a 3rd year BCCA student. i want to appear in IPS exam 2011. can u plz give me complete details regarding it, like date of application..... tentative month of exam........ how to prepare for this exam
and reference books....... and give full advice.

17th August 2010, 11:27 AM
robart
Senior Member+

Default Re: IPS Exam 2011: Application Forms, Tentative Dates, Preparation, Books?

dear friend,

you can sit for UPSC , CSAT exam 2011 which is going to be held in may 2011.after passing this exam you can become an IPS officer.

the detailed information about upsc 2011 exam will be published in the employment news in the month of nov. there will be three stage exam. first stage is preliminary test, after that there will be mains exam, then finally you have to appear for interview .

you should focus on mainly NCERT books for history,geography,economics etc.for aptitude test you can follow RS AGGRAWAL's book.for general study focus on daily newspapers. india today,yojna etc.

you can also join any good coachings.

best of luck.
17th August 2010, 11:44 AM

Default Re: IPS Exam 2011: Application Forms, Tentative Dates, Preparation, Books?

what so ever people will reply it OK but even then visit UPSC website, IAS/IPS exam conducted by them. It has all the detail and the option of subject choice detail available on site.....Its better if you visit the site.

also visit :-http://www.civilservice.in/
17th August 2010, 03:04 PM
vijaya kumar1

first u wake up at 5o'clock read 2 hour for ips exam ! and same thing in night 9 to 11 u can reach ur goal
17th August 2010, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

gate 2011 schedule
17th August 2010, 03:40 PM
hsakapandit
Banned

Location: Vill. and Post Office Katrain, Near Shiv Temple, Distt. and Teh. Kullu (Himachal Pradesh) India

I am giving you the official link of the website for info in ( IPS, IAF ETC.)
Please Copy the link and paste into the address bar
http://www.civilservice.in/
17th August 2010, 08:00 PM
Senior Member+++

hello friend ,
yes friend you can apply for the ips exam 2011 ,but its dates are not yet announced so you can wait for that and for the announcements you must keep a check over the official site :www.upsc.gov.in
18th August 2010, 04:53 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dates are not yet announced so you can wait for that and for the announcements you must keep a check over the official site :http://www.upsc.gov.inthere will be three stage exam. first stage is preliminary test, after that there will be mains exam, then finally you have to appear for interview .
21st August 2010, 03:03 AM
Unregistered

i want to do prepration with technical subjects as i have read in during engineering....is it possible..to get Engineering related subjects to cross the IPS exam...????
21st August 2010, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

I.PS EXAM PREPARATION BOOKS
21st August 2010, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

I.P.S ELIGIBLITY CRITERIA
23rd August 2010, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

What is the basic requirement for appear I.P.S exam?Where we get the application form?What is the amount of registration fees.
24th August 2010, 07:41 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
you can sit for the IPS exam 2011 conducted by UPSC.the exam will take place in the month of may and it will be in three stages.first prelims,then mains and finally interview.and you are allowed for second and third stages only if you clear the previous ones.follow NCERT books for history,geography,economics.for aptitude follow R.S.Aggarwal and for General studies read newspaper daily.
All The best!!!
25th August 2010, 01:55 PM
shaik vajid basha

sir,
i would like to write GATE entrance examination.i need details about the last to apply and qualification plz
29th August 2010, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

i want to become ips officer for india.
20th September 2010, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Hey can u please provide me the mink where we can find free download materials for UPSC Exa m
20th September 2010, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Can anybody say me or give me the Model question previous yr question paper of DEET exam ?
26th September 2010, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for the IPS exams 2011 , please give me some informations about the dates whe it will be publish in the news papers or you can mail me at amalts1@ gmail.com
3rd October 2010, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO BE DC OF PUNJAB ANY STATE .SO PLZ GIVE ME QUALLIFICATIONS TO BE DC?
4th October 2010, 12:15 AM
yogeshyadav

dear friend,

you can sit for UPSC , CSAT exam 2011 which is going to be held in may 2011.after passing this exam you can become an IPS officer.

the detailed information about upsc 2011 exam will be published in the employment news in the month of nov. there will be three stage exam. first stage is preliminary test, after that there will be mains exam, then finally you have to appear for interview .

you should focus on mainly NCERT books for history,geography,economics etc.for aptitude test you can follow RS AGGRAWAL's book.for general study focus on daily newspapers. india today,yojna etc.

best of luck.
4th October 2010, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i want to become an ips officer. please give me the detail of exam. i am in the final year of mechanical engineering.
books required and any information. please send all information on my id [email protected]
6th October 2010, 02:45 AM
tauheed

please tell me ips exam age limit and total post seat in india.
6th October 2010, 11:29 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: IPS Exam 2011: Application Forms, Tentative Dates, Preparation, Books?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitagrawal View Post
respected sir,
i am a 3rd year BCCA student. i want to appear in IPS exam 2011. can u plz give me complete details regarding it, like date of application..... tentative month of exam........ how to prepare for this exam
dear friend,

For IAS,IPS,IFS all service need to clear UPSC civil service examination.for details regarding examination and schedule you please browse upsc official website.

www.upsc.gov.in

and also all details you get here also

www.civilservice.in

good luck.
24th October 2010, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

I want to know the application form date for upsc 2010-2011
26th October 2010, 02:04 PM
ashishp

sir,

can u tell me where can i get exam for IPS 2011. I am graduate in commerce.

pls let me know.

thanks & regards
Ashish
5th November 2010, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

HEllO,

Dear Sir, Could you please do let me know where is the contact center or a coaching center for IPS in Bangalore.

Thank You,
Vinod.T.N
13th November 2010, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

what is genera study for ips
22nd November 2010, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

MY NAME IS PARDEEP KUMAR I AM STUDY IN B.A FIRST YEAR I AM LIVING IN JALANDHAR. MY AIM IS I.P.S OFFICER. SO PLESE I WANT ALL THE INFORMATION FOR THE EXAMINATION THANK YOU VERY MUCH
27th November 2010, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

I M A STUDENT OF ARTS AND I HAVE COMPLETED BA,MA, AND NOW I WANT TO APPEAR FOR IAS EXAMS SO PLZ HELP ME BY GIVING ME SOME SUGGESSIONS. MOHSIN 9226172720
30th November 2010, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by robart View Post
dear friend,

best of luck.

Hi,

This is Satish, shall i write the exam in Kannada?

Regards,
Satish (B.Com)
30th November 2010, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

is computer engineering is included in ips exam pre and main.
5th December 2010, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

hi i am study 2nd year in Bcom.can i sit for ips exm on 2011.
5th December 2010, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am a 3rd year BCA student.I wont appear in IPS exam 2011.Can u plz give me complete details regarding it,like date of application....tentative month of exam...how to appear for this exam & referance books...& give full advice.Please send all information on my id [email protected]
5th December 2010, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

please give me in sort statement of elegebility in ips exam
5th December 2010, 10:04 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

For IPS you need to sit for Civil services prelim and mains exam.
The prelims will be conducted on 12.06.2011 (SUNDAY) and notification explaining all details will be published on 19.02.2011 in the employment newspaper.
You can get the form from your district's head post office.
for prelims you need to study general knowledge and current affairs and for mains you need to choose subject like history, maths, geography and many more mentioned in the advertisement.
10th December 2010, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

my name is pardeep kumar i am studyin B.A 1 YEAR i want to became an I.P.S officer. iam intersting in I.P.S officer so plese i am want is all of I.P.S EXAM PARDEEP KUMAR JALANDHAR CITY THANK YOU
10th December 2010, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

my name is pardeep kumar. i am studying in B.A1 YEAR. i am want to became an I.P.S OFFICER. so plese i am wanted all the information of I.P.S exam pardeep kumar punjab, jalandhar,city
10th December 2010, 07:04 PM
sicgdhaval

respected sir,
i am a B.Com graduate. i want to appear in IPS exam 2011. can u plz give me complete details regarding it, like date of application..... tentative month of exam........ how to prepare for this exam
17th December 2010, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
i am a b.com graduate i want appear in ips exam 2011. plz give me form date and exam date
4th January 2011, 08:18 AM

Thumbs up Re: IPS Exam 2011: Application Forms, Tentative Dates, Preparation, Books?

respected sir,
5th January 2011, 01:56 PM
saravanasubin

i want to appear in IPS exam 2011. can u plz give me complete details regarding it, like date of application..... tentative month of exam........ how to prepare for this exam
and reference books....... and give full advice
6th January 2011, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Hi...

can you tell me:
1) how to appear for IPS Exam?
2) when to fill up the form for the same?
3) where i will get the application forms?
4)what are the dates, when i have to fill that application form for IPS exam
7th January 2011, 03:26 PM
Mohammad Avais Shaikh

Thumbs up Re: IPS Exam 2011: Application Forms, Tentative Dates, Preparation, Books?

i am a 2nd year Engineering student can i appear the exam of IPS in 2011
17th January 2011, 07:44 PM
Dinesh143

Smile Re: IPS Exam 2011: Application Forms, Tentative Dates, Preparation, Books?

My name is Dinesh Chaudhary.I am studyM.C.A first year i want to became an I.P.S officer. I am intersting in I.P.S officer so plese i am want is all of I.P.S EXAM.
i want to appear in IPS exam 2011. can u plz give me complete details regarding it, like date of application..... tentative month of exam........ how to prepare for this exam
and reference books....... and give full advice
18th January 2011, 09:28 AM
abhimanyu2688

Post Re: IPS Exam 2011: Application Forms, Tentative Dates, Preparation, Books?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitagrawal View Post
respected sir,
hi,
you can write UPSC civil services exam 2011 as an appearing candidate.
the prelims will be held on 12-06-2011 and application form will be available from 19-2-2011 to 21-3-2011.
for clearing upsc cse you will need to have good command over your optional subjects and in addition to that you should also be in regular touch with current affairs and general knowledge as it is very important paper to qualify the exams.
for gs and current affairs you can refer to ncert books upto 12 class for science,geography and history portion. and you should read competitive magazines like csr,chronicle etc and a weekly magazine like the frontline,india today etc.
you should also read a standard english newspaper for english comprehension and for detail news.
most important thing is that you must be honest with yourself.
so best of luck for your future.
21st January 2011, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

I am doing MBA ...............but i want to do IPS officer...................what can i do???????????
please any one suges me....
28th January 2011, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am Honey Arora.I complete my post graduation & doing MCA.Can u tell me that I am eligible for the IPS officer because it is my dream to achieve this post & also make a IPS officer like Kiren Bedi.

Thanks
Honey Arora
31st January 2011, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Hi I borun,i want to know what is the date of IPS EXAM in 2011, please send the date info to my e [email protected]
9th February 2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Hi I Jayesh ,i want to know what is the date of IPS EXAM in 2011, please send the date info to my e [email protected]
9th February 2011, 05:32 PM
lokesh034

can i write ips exam in kannada.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?