4th July 2011, 10:17 AM
monikadudy

Last 10 year solved papers of GATE for IT stream? How to prepare for GATE exam?

please provide me the previous ten year solved sample paper of gate(I.T). Can any one tell me how to prepare for GATE exam.

5th September 2011, 02:09 PM
goutam1222

Default Re: Last 10 year solved papers of GATE for IT stream? How to prepare for GATE exam?

there are many books those will provide you 10 years or so question papers and as well as answers.

How to prepare for GATE exam?:

1. Complete your Text Books first.
2. try to read as many books as possible to gather knowledge in a particular subject. e.g. for automata you can read: peter linz,ullman,chandrashekhar, D.Cohen these books will clear your concept on theory of computation.
3. try to solve critical questions end of the chapters.
4. take one chapter at once clear all the fundamentals on that chapter then solve the questions based on that chapter and then only go for the next chapter.
5. try to download video lectures provided by IITs and IISc (NPTEL). many fundamental queries will get clear via those lectures.
6.if you can afford fees of coaching centers then try to get some all india based test series from any of the reputed coaching centers.
7. at the end try to maintain time limit to solve questions.
and last but not least don't loose self confidence.
5th October 2011, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Last 10 year solved papers of GATE for IT stream? How to prepare for GATE exam?

Sir I have Need Last 10 Years Papers of Cs and IT Stream with Solution

Thanks in Advance

Rahul Kumar
Email id [email protected]
8th October 2011, 05:51 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Last 10 year solved papers of GATE for IT stream? How to prepare for GATE exam?

PREVIOUS YEAR MODEL PAPERS OF GATE - IT STREAM

I have attached some of the previous year model papers of GATE - IT stream in this post for your reference... kindly check it over.. hope it helps for your preparation...

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> I have also attached the 2012 syllabus for GATE - IT stream in this post for your reference... just go through the topics given in the syllabus and prepare for it to score well in the exam......

-> There are many books available in the market which helps you to prepare for the exam...

-> Some of the recommended books are as follows...

GATE Papers: Computer Science & Information Technology
ISBN: 8183550320

GATE 2012: Computer Science & Information Technology (With Practice CD)
Author: G K
ISBN: 8183550223

GATE: Computer Science & IT Topicwise Previous Solved/Practice Papers-2012
Author: Made Easy Team
ISBN: 9381069783

GATE Computer Science And Information Technology Engineering
Author: Nitesh Jain
ISBN: 8183487726

8 Years’ Solved Papers GATE: Computer Science And Information Technology
Author: Gate Academy
ISBN: 8131514749

-> To know more about GATE 2012 exam online CLICK HERE!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip GATE-CSE & IT.zip(1.08 MB, 115 views)
File Type: pdf GATE - 2012 CS syllabus.pdf(111.0 KB, 84 views)
File Type: pdf Syllabus for CSE & IT - GATE.pdf(56.9 KB, 88 views)
8th October 2011, 06:30 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Last 10 year solved papers of GATE for IT stream? How to prepare for GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monikadudy View Post
please provide me the previous ten year solved sample paper of gate(I.T). Can any one tell me how to prepare for GATE exam.

Past Papers of GATE Information Technology

I have attached a few model test papers and would recommend you to buy the following books..i hope they help you out in your preparations..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1GATE-Information-Technology-Papers.pdf(61.6 KB, 163 views)
8th October 2011, 06:42 PM
neha bh

GATE 2012 useful preparation tips:

Get your fundamentals right: Students spend months to prepare for the exam. However, to secure a seat it is really important that you get your fundamentals right. GATE is one such exam which tests you on your fundamentals.

Read different and unique study material: It is really important while preparing for exam you read books written by various authors on various topics. Reading and preparing from one books or two books is not sufficient to crack the exam. So it is really important that you prepare for GATE exam from different books which cater your needs. The study material of the books should be unique so it will add value to your knowledge not just repetition of what you already know.

Discuss quality questions: It is really important that you prepare for quality questions. It is really important to solve the tricky questions. Rather than solving simple questions and wasting your time, it is better that you spend more time on solving concept based questions.

Solve previous year's papers: To understand the pattern of the exam and get familiar with it, aspirants should solve the previous year's papers of GATE exam. It will also brushes up your basic concepts and exposes you to real exam pattern.

Solve mock test papers: While preparing for the exam it is really important that you should solve as many papers as you can. Solve mock papers to understand the basic concepts. Mock test will give you the image of real paper and make you aware about what type of question will be asked in the exam. So try to solve as much papers as you can.

regards
neha
8th October 2011, 08:44 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Here you can download previous years papers of GATE (IT) exam:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE IT07.pdf(725.4 KB, 154 views)
File Type: pdf GATE IT08.pdf(604.6 KB, 145 views)
File Type: pdf GATEit04.pdf(657.5 KB, 143 views)
File Type: pdf GATEit06.pdf(702.5 KB, 155 views)
19th August 2012, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

sir,
can please mail me the last ten solved papers of gate for IT stream.
[email protected]
3rd September 2012, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

is there any diffrence in computer science & information technology syllabus , exam of gate?
2nd October 2012, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

sir i want 10 years solved question parers for information and technology stream .
7th August 2014, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Plz send me solved gate exam paper for IT
Email: [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?