26th April 2017, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

For MBBS should I choose CET or NEET? How to enter into these examinations?

In PUC second year, If I prefer to choose MBBS then I have to give CET or NEET and what is the procedure I have to undergo in these examinations??
How to enter into these examinations?

Related Questions:
  1. With a score of 492 in NEET phase 1 can I get a government MBBS seat or should I appear in NEET Phase 2?
  2. Should I have to appear in NEET to study MBBS in AIIMS?
  3. Details regarding NEET common entrance test for medical to be held this year?
  4. Cutoff marks required in NEET to study MBBS? Pattern of NEET?
  5. Eligibility for National Eligibility test after scoring 52.9% of marks in master degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Minimum marks required in MH-CET or NEET to get admission for MBBS in Maharashtra?
  7. What are my chances in BDS/MBBS admission with 168 score in CET and 296 marks in NEET?
  8. What can I do in medical field after passing 12th science? How could I afford the coaching in Aakash and other coachings?
  9. Which course should I pursue if I am interested in Medical field? What is the duration of such courses?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for NEET if appeared in Karnataka-CET twice? Number of attempts available in NEET?
  11. Getting MBBS seats through NEET in Maharashtra?
  12. How much should I score in NEET to get admission in MBBS?
  13. How to take admission in MBBS course being a 3rd year B.Sc. student?
  14. How can I get admission for MBBS after qualifying NEET UG
  15. Can I fill NEET-II form to get MBBS, BAMS or BHMS admission with 66.15% in 12th and scored 68 marks in CET being an ST candidate?
  16. Is it possible for the students who to pursue MBBS who haven't passed NEET?
  17. How may I enter the genetic engineering stream after completing MBBS? Which of the following course would me most relevant for a doctor?
  18. Procedure to study MBBS for NEET qualified student?
26th April 2017, 08:38 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For MBBS should I choose CET or NEET? How to enter into these examinations?

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course of five and a half years ( including one year of internship ) after completing which one heads towards becoming a doctor.

As far as you are concerned about the need of appearing in NEET or CET for pursuing MBBS degree course then I would like to let you know that all CETs and AIPMT have been merged into a single entrance examination which is known as NEET and admission in MBBS in any medical college is done on the basis of NEET only.

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is held by CBSE once every year and the educational qualifications required for appearing in NEET is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% ( 40% in case of SC/ST and PWD category candidates ) aggregate from a recognized board.

For more details about NEET you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
26th April 2017, 11:15 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For MBBS should I choose CET or NEET? How to enter into these examinations?

Definitely to get seat in medical college or to pursue MBBS you have to appear in the NEET examination.
To appear in NEET entrance exam you must have passed your 12th with physics, chemistry and Biology from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks and your age should not be less than 17 years.
27th April 2017, 01:01 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know that AIPMT along with state CET has been replaced by a common medical entrance examination which is known as NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) and is held by CBSE once every year.

As far as you are pursuing MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ) degree course after your higher secondary school degree then you need to appear in NEET for being eligible for pursuing the same degree course from any medical college except AIIMS for which a separate entrance examination known as AIIMS MBBS entrance examination is organized by AIIMS.

Further for appearing in NEET , you need to complete your senior secondary school degree with PCB group with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized board. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for SC/ST and PWD category candidates.

For more details about NEET you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?