3rd March 2010, 10:17 PM
stephen

MHT CET OBC category: I don't have the OBC certificate yet

I'm about to appear for MHT CET 2010. My caste falls in the OBC category, I have applied for OBC ceritifcate and should be recieving it soon. However to claim OBC reservation I have to provide a "Caste Validity Certificate" and a "Non Creamy Layer" certificate, which can only be applied after recieving the OBC certificate. My question is "Should I fill in category as OBC in the MHT CET application form? If yes will I be able to enter as general category if I am not able to produce the documents at the time of filing the preference form" ?? pls help me with this issue. thanks in advance

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear in MHT-CET without Non-Creamy Layer certificate being an OBC candidate?
  2. Should I apply for JEE Advance under OBC category if having delay in receiving OBC certificate?
  3. Cutoff marks for admission to B.J Medical College, Sinhagad Medical College and Maeer's Medical College Talegaon?
  4. Can i get admission in government engineering college Aurangabad after scoring 61 marks in MHT CET? I belong to OBC category
  5. Can I get admission in government medical college after scoring 145 marks in MHT CET? I belong to OBC category
  6. Being a Commander in Indian Navy can I get an OBC certificate?
  7. What is the last date for caste certificate verification in IPU?
  8. Am I eligible for Punjab PMT? I am studying in HP and I was born in Chandigarh. But my parents having domicile of Punjab
  9. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Advanced without Non-Creamy Layer certificate being a OBC certificate holder?
  10. Can I use my OBC certificate for admission in MBBS course in Maharashtra state?
  11. Can I use the OBC certificate for admission in MBBS course in Maharashtra state?
  12. Will I get a government college after scoring 144 marks in MHT CET?
  13. Can CSIR cancel my JRF candidature if I mentioned OBC in examination form but they don't consider me OBC? -- [New]
  14. Do I need to renew my OBC certificate if my certificate is 1 year old? What all documents are required? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Do I need to submit an OBC certificate to appear for IITJEE under OBC quota?
  16. How should I produce my OBC certificate?
  17. Eligibility of admission for B.Sc. Forensic in Government college of Pune after getting 136 marks in MHT CET, 65% marks in HSC under OBC category?
  18. Am I eligible for MHT CET Health Science exam without having a domicile certificate?
6th March 2010, 03:30 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MHT CET OBC category: I don't have the OBC certificate yet

if you dont receive your obc certificate then you should complaint in this site-

www.consumercomplaints.in/?search=OBC%20Certificate.
7th March 2010, 02:59 AM
asish
Senior Member+

dear friend
i would advise you not to do fill the form as OBC
the reason is simple if you dont receive the certificate till after the result declaration after filling the form as OBC you will lose your eligibility
but if you are sure you will get the certificate in time feel free to do so
good luck
11th April 2010, 02:00 AM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear..
while applying for te exam you can apply for the obc category as you will be having a lot of time for making it ........as the certificate is required only during the counseling....and never before that........

so apply from obc side and make the certificate as soon as possible,........

there will be no problem at all........you may also consult some professors who might help you with the conduct of the exam..........

best of luck
11th April 2010, 02:44 AM
amitforever
Senior Member+

dear friend
if u think that u will not get ur o.b.c. certifiacate in time then dont apply for o.b.c. apply it as general
if u are having problem regarding getting the required document then visit the link given below:
www.consumercomplaints.in/?search=OBC%20Certificate.
all the best
11th April 2010, 11:34 AM
edward
Top Answerer

according to me you should fill the form from OBC side.......as you are not suppose to provide the OBC certificate at the time of form submission....so apply for it through an OBC category and try to make you OBC certificate as soon as possible as you are required to provide a copy of it at the time of counseling.......

all the best for your exam.
15th April 2010, 09:44 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

just fill the the form from OBC category and try to get your OBC certificate as soon as possible as you have to provide a copy of it at the time of counseling...........
19th July 2010, 11:41 AM
NISAMTI

i think..you can produce a temporary obc certificate..the original OBC certificate is very essential.upto last minute ..try to give the original OBC certificate only..in recent years,the higher authority are asking the originals but not the temporary one..the higher authorties are asking to submit only oroginal.if you want to submit temporary one..there will be a procedure..you must follow it yar..immediately take the guidence of higher authorities..good luck
25th July 2010, 02:12 PM
Senior Member+++

hello friend if you do not recieve your obc certificate then you can snd your complaints to the following site www.consumercomplaints.com
they will help you out
25th July 2010, 09:20 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

there is no any problem,if you have obc certificate at this time then just fill up the application form without the obc certificate,
but after the results if you will show the original certificate then you must get benefits.
25th August 2010, 07:31 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
I do not think that you will required to submit the "Caste Validity Certificate" and a "Non Creamy Layer" certificate at the time of filing up of the application form ,

You may require it at the time of counseling and you are having enough time to get it.
Try to get it soon before counseling.

For further information regarding the OBC certificate you can log in to the website
http://www.consumercomplaints.in/?se...20Certificate.

You can claim on this website for your OBC certificate..All the best..
26th August 2010, 08:32 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
you dont have to show your caste validity certificate at the time of filling the form.but you have to show the original certificate at the time of councelling.there is ample time for councelling so please get your certificate as soon as possible.for more details visit www.consumercomplaints.com/obc-certificates.
29th June 2011, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

sir i am obc candidate but i have no certificate but i have my father' original certificate.I have also a perfoma in which it is classified that i am son of my father and considered as obc on which SDM signed . will it consider????????????
6th August 2011, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

sir ihave a delhi state obc certificate plz tell me is there any other national obc certificate require for bank selction.
11th December 2011, 01:40 PM
sufi naaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward View Post
according to me you should fill the form from OBC side.......as you are not suppose to provide the OBC certificate at the time of form submission....so apply for it through an OBC category and try to make you OBC certificate as soon as possible as you are required to provide a copy of it at the time of counseling.......

all the best for your exam.
but i hav fill my application as obc but i am not getting the certificate
13th December 2011, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
I'm about to appear for MHT CET 2010. My caste falls in the OBC category, I have applied for OBC ceritifcate and should be recieving it soon. However to claim OBC reservation I have to provide a "Caste Validity Certificate" and a "Non Creamy Layer" certificate, which can only be applied after recieving the OBC certificate. My question is "Should I fill in category as OBC in the MHT CET application form? If yes will I be able to enter as general category if I am not able to produce the documents at the time of filing the preference form" ?? pls help me with this issue. thanks in advance

i have OBC certificate and also applied for validity of the same howver i cannot apply for non creamylayer as my fathers income is above creamy layer will I get the benefit of reservation quota under OBC category .
17th February 2012, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

si, i am a OBC candidate from Delhi. my father is in creamy layer, should i considered as general candiate or in obc category
3rd June 2013, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir

I , Khushboo Haresh Panchal , I Have got A OBC Certificate but in that I Have Migrated then i will not get "Caste Validaty Certificte and also "Non-Cremy Layer Cerificate so pls give advice how will get both certificate
13th June 2014, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

While applying for mhcet we didn't opt for obc because we were not sure if we could get the obc certificate in time. But we got it luckily. .but much later after the exams. Is there any procedure to inform mhcet authorities and claim the obc benefit for mbbs admission.
8th September 2015, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

i have caste certificate and all essential documents which are needed for medical admission but i am not getting caste validity certificate as i had completed my 12th sci so how to take admission plz reply me fast
26th April 2016, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

I have filled up general category for CET, but later I came to know that I belong to OBC. The dead line for CET is over. So what can be done now.
22nd April 2017, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

If we didn't submit the obc certificate for NEET then it make any difference? If there what are they??
27th January 2020, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

i am belonging obc caste but i don't have caste validity certificate so my questions is the caste validity certificate recover or not
19th March 2020, 02:22 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

I would advise you not to select OBC category in your form ,as while submitting the form you will have to submit your caste certificate ,and if you fail to do so you will not be eligible for the exam
As ,you have not received the certificate do not fill in the reserved category
It may also cause difficulty in your admission process
11th June 2022, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

I have applied for mhtcet in obc category, but now I have not got back certificate, but my grouping marks is only eligible for obc quota then what happens regarding admission
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?