7th July 2013, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Minimum GATE rank required to get a government job? I am studying B.E ECE

sir, i am studying B.E ece. can u tell me the minimum GATE rank to get a govt job?

8th May 2015, 11:21 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum GATE rank required to get a government job? I am studying B.E ECE

GATE that is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is online test consisting of 65 questions of 100 marks.

This entrance exam is conducted every year by Indian Institute of Technology and serves for two purposes in modern scenario:

>>For getting admission in top engineering college for Master of Technology.

>>Getting shortlisted in top Public Sector Undertakings for government job.

Let me tell you clearly that the rank required to get shortlisted in top Public Sector Undertakings through GATE score card is not fixed. It depends upon number of vacancies available in PSUs.

However as per previous year trends candidate having rank between 1-500 all over India are eligible and get selected for further rounds of recruitment in the PSUs.

So you must try secure good rank well within top 500 so that your chance of getting selected is high.

After getting selected, you will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Some of the PSUs for ECE candidates are NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ONGC, ISRO etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?