27th February 2012, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

Minimum qualifications required to become an Army doctor?

hi!!!!!!! I am shubhranil. i want to know that what should be the minimum qualification to appear for an army docter?pattern of the army doctor entrance exam.

21st June 2012, 08:01 PM
sharmila mani

Default Re: Minimum qualifications required to become an Army doctor?

Instructions

1.Contact an Army recruiter to enlist in the Army. Bring a copy of your college transcript, 3 to 6 letters of recommendation and a letter of acceptance from an accredited medical school.
2.Take a physical exam at the local Army recruiting center to qualify as a commissioned officer.
Sponsored Links
www.fmgportal.com
3. Wait to hear back from the Army recruiter regarding your acceptance into the Program. This process can take anywhere from 2 to 9 months.
4.Meet with an Army recruiter to sign the contract enlisting you as a member of the Army Health Professionals Scholarship Program.
5.Maintain full-time status during the entire length of the program by maintaining a full course load (generally 4 courses per semester) as well as a passing GPA in all courses.
6.Attend the Officers Basic Training Course after the first year of medical school.
7.Serve 1 month a year in the Army Residency Program rotating as a Second Lieutenant in a military hospital.

Requirements

To qualify for an officer appointment in the U.S. Army Medical Corps, you must:

Meet the prescribed medical and moral standards for appointment as a commissioned officer
Be a U.S. citizen
Be a graduate of an American Medical Association or American Osteopathic Association accredited medical school
Have a current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or a territory of the United States
Be 21 - 46 years of age (physicians 47 years of age or older may apply for an age waiver)

Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
26th December 2012, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Wot is the test schedule of army doctor entrance test?
1st September 2013, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

i m b.sc student from biology,what can i do to become a army doctor? How could is it possible
18th January 2014, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Are handicaps allowed as doctor in army
27th March 2015, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

I am studying 10th now, what should i do to join as a army doctor? what are the courses i should complete it for that? My name is DEEPIKA from tamil nadu,near kallakurichi,villupuram district.please suggest me to join in Indian army as a Doctor.
31st May 2015, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

I'm from Assam, studying in 12th science. I want to be a doctor in Indian army. Please tell the procedure how to get through it.
15th May 2016, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Im studying 12th in tamilnadu erode . My aim is to become an army doctor,What courses i should complete to become an army docter . Im HARI ,please suggest me to join as an doctor in INDIAN ARMY . Jai Hind
27th August 2018, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi all i am Divya i am studying in Eighth standard from pune I want to who to became a successful military doctor for now i wanted to do study's of it what all things are required to became a military doctor can you please support me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?