30th January 2012, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Is MSc Bioinformatics through distance recognized?

i wish to do msc in bioinformatics through distance but please let me know if it would be ugc recognised????if i do pg in bioinformatics from sikkim manipal university for distance education will that b evaluated as my 16 years of education if i wish to do ms at sweden???

27th November 2012, 10:36 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is MSc Bioinformatics through distance recognized?

Hello,
You have mentioned a very interesting point. People have fear about distance learning and think if it is government approved or not. To tell you the truth, distance education course was started by the government itself to include more and more people under different genres of education. But the education will be valuable in such universities if only it is affiliated. In your case Sikkim Manipal is a very well known university and it is affiliated for educational courses. See you will do a PG in Sikkim Manipal, then you will go for a 2 year educational program. In no way can that be or MS be equivalent for 16 whole years of education. You can definitely go for MS. But first complete your M.Sc. Then you go for MS in abroad. You can try for jobs there itself.
16th April 2013, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is MSc Bioinformatics through distance recognized?

is distace degree in bioinformatics applicable to do research or phd
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?