1st August 2020, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to do B.Ed. for TGT and PGT?

Is it compulsory to do B.Ed. for TGT and PGT? After pursuing M.Ed. am I eligible for TGT or PGT? I have done M.Ed. after doing JBT (Diploma in Elementary Education) followed by a Post Graduate degree.

23rd May 2023, 02:00 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to do B.Ed. for TGT and PGT?

The eligibility to apply for TGT and PGT post is that candidate must have passed bachelor or master degree from a recognised university and must possess B.Ed course.

Candidates without B.Ed qualification are not eligible to pursue M.Ed course.

If you possess the required qualification than eligible to apply for PGT and TGT post.
28th May 2023, 10:18 PM
eduking

Default Re: Is it necessary to do B.Ed. for TGT and PGT?

Yes, if you are looking for government teaching jobs then B.Ed is compulsory along with your graduation. There is no other way to become a government TGT or PGT. If you are looking for private teaching jobs then you have a chance to get a teaching job without B.Ed because they can give relaxation when enough candidates are not available

Just make sure you complete your B.Ed after graduation so that you become eligible for PGT or TGT-level jobs at government schools. Even top private schools prefer candidates with B.Ed qualification and for a teaching career, B.Ed is an essential qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?