10th October 2018, 05:21 AM
dasari srilakshmi

Is it necessary to qualify in NET/SET to get Junior Lectureship in Government college of Andhra Pradesh for Mathematics postgraduate?

Sir, I have done my M.Sc in Mathematics. I didn't appear for NET and SET yet. I want to apply for Junior Lecturer post in any Government college in Andhra Pradesh. So, is it necessary to qualify NET/SET for this?

15th October 2018, 05:47 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to qualify in NET/SET to get Junior Lectureship in Government college of Andhra Pradesh for Mathematics postgraduate?

Yes, it is necessary to appear for NET/SET examination for recruitment as professor in government college.

The minimum required qualification to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55%. There is no age limit for appearing in NET examination.

Examination is conducted by CBSE under the guidance of UGC. To get more information visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
15th October 2018, 06:45 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to qualify in NET/SET to get Junior Lectureship in Government college of Andhra Pradesh for Mathematics postgraduate?

Yes, you will have to appear and qualify in NET or SET examination for recruitment as lecturer in government colleges.

The required eligibility for appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55%.

There is relaxation for the reserved category.

So, you will be not eligible for recruitment without the required qualification.
15th October 2018, 07:49 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

To become lecturer in any government college, you must qualify National Eligibility Test or State Eligibility Test. Candidates who have done post graduate course need to apply for NET examination.

Candidate must have at least 55% marks in master's degree to be eligible for this exam. There is no upper age limit for this post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?