14th February 2012, 10:37 AM
Uzma Shireen

Will there be any way for me to become a Lecturer other than NET and SET Exams? Can I do Ph.D and become a Lecturer having secured 49% in 1st year of MA in English Literature?

Dear Sir/Ma'am

I have secured 49% in my First Year exam of M.A.(Eng.Lit) i wish to become a lecturer but i am scared as it is a must to score 55% in Net/Set! Do i have any other option? Can i do Ph.d & become a lecturer? Please help me i am in a dilemma.
Thanking you
Uzma Shireen

Related Questions:
  1. Can I become a Lecturer if study PhD in Management being a MBA and M.A.(English Literature) postgraduate?
  2. Is it necessary to crack NET/SET exams for Lecturer jobs?
  3. Career prospects after working as Lecturer for Business Communication at the Degree college, M.A in English Literature and M.Phil?
  4. How can I get admission to study Distance PhD in English course being a Lecturer after completing M.Phil?
  5. Admission procedure and course duration of PhD in Delhi University for a Lecturer of Qassim University who has completed Master's in English Literature in University of Sargodha?
  6. Can I join the post of lecturer after completing M.A in English Literature? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Lecturer vacancy in a good college for English Literature?
  8. Is B.ed compulsory to be a lecturer in college?
  9. How to do Ph.D in Chemistry being a College lecturer?
  10. Which post graduation course I need to take after B.Com Computer Science to become a lecturer?
  11. Scope of M.Sc in Botany and eligibility criteria for the same?
  12. Can I become a Professor/Lecturer without NET/SLET being a Biotechnology postgraduate? -- [New]
  13. Am I eligible for the post of lecturer after doing M.Phil in English Literature
  14. How to pursue a career as English Lecturer after doing M.A in English
  15. What should I go for first between Ph.D and Lectureship? Name some institutes for pursing Ph.D with lecturer job.
  16. Which course is necessary between B.ed or NET/SET for a lecturer post?
  17. Can I become lecturer of English after my B.Com or is it necessary to have BA in English?
  18. How can I study PhD in Biochemistry being a Lecturer of Sudan having completed Post Graduation?
24th February 2012, 05:49 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be any way for me to become a Lecturer other than NET and SET Exams? Can I do Ph.D and become a Lecturer having secured 49% in 1st year of MA in English Literature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzma Shireen View Post
Dear Sir/Ma'am

I have secured 49% in my First Year exam of M.A.(Eng.Lit) i wish to become a lecturer but i am scared as it is a must to score 55% in Net/Set! Do i have any other option? Can i do Ph.d & become a lecturer? Please help me i am in a dilemma.
Thanking you
Uzma Shireen
In order to be considered eligible for National Eligibility Test, you need to score a minimum of 55% in aggregate in both the First and the second year of your masters degree program.
However, as per University Grant Commission, candidates holding PhD should be exempted from the National Eligibility Test for lectureship and should be considered eligible for the post of Lecturer but the commission has left the final decision on the universities and colleges.

Universities which considers PhD holders looks for a good academic record and 55% in the masters degree program, around 60% in the bachelors degree program are considered as good academic records. So, PhD might only give you exemption from the National Eligibility Test but to be considered for the post of Lecturer, you have got to do well in your Masters.
26th March 2012, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will there be any way for me to become a Lecturer other than NET and SET Exams? Can I do Ph.D and become a Lecturer having secured 49% in 1st year of MA in English Literature?

Sis/madam, Is doing phd necessary for appointment of lecturers in colleges or universities? Is passing the NET without mphil or phd,not enough for lecturship? Am I sure to become a lecturer if I clear the NET exam? Thanking you in anticipation, yours sincerely, kuldeep singh from bhiwani.
11th December 2012, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have completed M.A English with 53%. Do I need to do another pg course in order to do write net ? Or is there any way to to do PHd with th tthis percentage?
9th November 2013, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDEEP891985 View Post
In order to be considered eligible for National Eligibility Test, you need to score a minimum of 55% in aggregate in both the First and the second year of your masters degree program.
However, as per University Grant Commission, candidates holding PhD should be exempted from the National Eligibility Test for lectureship and should be considered eligible for the post of Lecturer but the commission has left the final decision on the universities and colleges.

Universities which considers PhD holders looks for a good academic record and 55% in the masters degree program, around 60% in the bachelors degree program are considered as good academic records. So, PhD might only give you exemption from the National Eligibility Test but to be considered for the post of Lecturer, you have got to do well in your Masters.
Sir,

I am having 51% in bachelors degree and having more than 55 % master degree with PhD So I will be elegilable for senior lectureship in any college ?? or university
10th October 2014, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

I AM 45 YEAR OLD WOMEN AND COMPLETED MY M SC AND GOT ABOVE 60 % WHICH EXAM I SHOULD WRITE TO ELIGIBLE FOR LECTURESHIP.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?