14th July 2013, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Is NIFFT Ranchi good institute to study Metallurgy and material science engineering

Is nifft ranchi good institute to study Metallurgy and material science engineering? tell me about metallurgy engineering placements? What are the packages offered for metallurgical engineers? What are the topics to be concentrated from first year to get good CGPA?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get the registration number and study material for AMIE(Metallurgy)?
  2. Cochin University B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering-4th Sem Metallurgy And Material Science Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Papers
  3. Which are the companies offeirng internship program for Metallurgy and material science engineering -- [New]
  4. From where to get GATE study material?
  5. What are the good features of MME(Metallurgy and Material Science)
  6. Where can I get internship in south India while studying B.Tech Metallurgy and Material Science
  7. How to join M.Tech material science after doing MSc in Applied Physics from BIT Mesra? List of some good colleges for M.Tech in Material Science or Metallurgy?
  8. In which branch can I do M.Tech after passing MSc in Physics
  9. Scope in Material Science and Engineering?
  10. How to get admission in any NIT in any trade?
  11. How can I get winter internship? I am a student of Metallurgy and Material Engineering 2nd year in VNIT Nagpur
  12. Can I get a chance in NIT,IIITs, NIFT or any government colleges after scoring 112 to 120?
  13. What should I choose between Chemical and Metallurgy Engineering in NIT Warangal and Civil Engineering in JNTU Hyderabad? Do these courses offer good salaries?
  14. Which are the good coaching institutes for IES? Study materials for the same?
  15. Any chances of getting process control in NSIT or DTU after scoring an AIR of 871 with 444 score in GATE?
  16. From where i can get coaching and study materials for GATE exam in Chemical Engineering?
  17. study material - life science exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What should I do to pursue PhD degree from USA in Metallurgy and material science?
17th July 2017, 09:36 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is NIFFT Ranchi good institute to study Metallurgy and material science engineering

Yes. NIFT (National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology) is a good to study Metallurgy and Materials Engineering. It is affiliated to Ranchi University. If you want to get good CGPA, then you should have get good score in every subjects in every semesters. For that, You should study with interest and smartness from start to end. Use standard reference books and clear the topics with understanding. Solve the previous asked question papers.

NIFFT Offering Courses
- B.Tech (Metallurgy and Material Engineering)
- B.Tech (Manufacturing Engineering)
- M.Tech (Foundry and Forge Technology)
- M.Tech ( Manufacturing Engineering)
- M.Tech (Material Science and Engineering)
- M.Tech (Environmental Engineering)
- Advance Diploma In Foundry/Forge Technology

Career Scope
Metallurgical Engineers are employed in every industries which produces, buy, sells, refines or manufactures metallic products. If you will have a knowledge, talent and skills, then You may have chances to be hired by top recruiters with good salary packages.

Job Profiles
- Metallurgist
- Ballistics Engineer
- Welding Engineer
- Plant Equipment Engineer
- Quality Planning Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Supplier Development Engineer

Top Recruiters
- Tata Steel
- SAIL (Steel Authority of India Limited)
- Larsons Group
- The Metal Powder Company Ltd.
- Utkal Minerals
- Jindal Steel
- New Bharat Refractories Ltd.

Salary For Metallurgy Engineer
It depends upon the many factors such as your skills, work experience, job profile and recruiter. A fresh graduate can earn from Rs.12,000/- to Rs.20,000/- per month. If you passed from IITs or NITs and hired by top recruiter, then you will get more salary. After getting experience of 3 years, You can earn more than Rs.30,000/- per month.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?