30th April 2011, 11:56 PM
truptit

Which one is better between CS and CFA after doing B.Com?

hi,
i m B.com and working as Investment Analyst and i want to go for some better education what should i do CS or CFA?

3rd May 2011, 11:40 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which one is better between CS and CFA after doing B.Com?

Both have promising career prospect.

Company Secretary and Chartard Financial Analyst are good enough for a B.com candidate to lead to a successful path.

However, it has been noticed that out of 100, CS candidates 60 are Females. This because generally CS is pursued by female candidates in large number as compared to that of male. Also the abilities which are required for that can be better maintained by females.
And by getting a LLB (Corporate Law) degree after CS they are just to reach there hieght of career growth.

But the thing is reverce with CFA. Here out of 100, 70 will be make candidates. And generally those already having CA, ICWA, BBA like courses. ITs prospect is also very promising one both in India and Abroad.

First check your abilities in which you can better cope up and are comfortable with. Both leads to a better and promising career with imense opportunities.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
4th May 2011, 01:44 AM
united india

both are set up under an act by the indian parliament and posses very high demand in market.

while cs mainly focus on company laws ca focus on preparing of company's financial reports. you can say while ca deals with money matters cs deals with laws of company.

if you do cs you will study mainly the indian company laws alongwith some foreign laws for runing the company smoothly and will find job in india the demand for cs is high in india only but once you get job you wont have to think for you future or money as the minimum salary you may be getting in company after completion os cs is around 40k and your designation may go upto chief law oficer or to director of a company.

ca is a much wider you will be dealing with all money matters all accountancy works and the demand for accountants are high everywhere once you complete your ca you may get good job in countries like canada or singapore where the demand for indian ca are high.

initially you may find a bit difficulty in getting job if you do cs because cs student are require in multinational companies only but an accountant is needed even in a small firm so you wont sit ideal for even a day in case of ca.

if you plan for abroad then i would advise you to go for ca.

best wishes
4th May 2011, 01:54 PM
SAMSUMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by truptit View Post
hi,
i m b.com and working as investment analyst and i want to go for some better education what should i do cs or cfa?
hi frd
cs and cfa are both good ,but its solely depend on your industry that which one is require ,according to these you can easily select the right path in your success

all the best
4th May 2011, 04:15 PM
kapil vij

both of these are better options for b.com degree holder.
both of them have their own charm.
but i still recommend you that if you are good in commerce subjects, and have intersted in them, then do prefer CFA, as it offers better job opportunities.
Rest all depends on you.
You can judge yourself better than any other individual do.
so find your interest, then do selection among these courses.
best wishes.
16th June 2011, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

I have Done 10 2 arts stream. 5 years ago and due to financial problem I am unable to continue my study and now I am doing job and wnat to do CA, Can I do CA after 10 2 correspondence.

Please suggess me for my better career.
12th July 2011, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

in terms of salary n pay,which one is better,cfa or cs?
28th July 2011, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

i m currently doing economics honours 3rd year which course should i go for mba or cfa??which one is better for me
26th August 2011, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Ca cpt and ipcc can be given with 10 2 but final can be given only if u hav a bachelors degree.you should do cfa rather than cs...coz it has a wider work approach..money with mnc is growing so they need investment professional for them to expand.cfa is globally known..so cfa is better than cs!
22nd October 2011, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

can u suggest me i have cleared cs executive can i join cfa
30th October 2011, 06:54 PM
leo-rocks

hi dear,

both of them have their own charm.
but i still recommend you that if you are good in commerce subjects, and have intersted in them, then do prefer CFA, as it offers better job opportunities.
Rest all depends on you.
You can judge yourself better than any other individual do.
so find your interest, then do selection among these courses.

thanks
1st May 2012, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

I am a Chemical Engineer from BITS Pilani. I don't want to go for higher studies in Chemical Engg. I am planning to explore some finance field. I am currently doing core chemical engg job and I want to remain in core field only. Which course (CFA, ICWA, CS & CA) will be good for me?
NB: I don't want to go in Banking sector, want to remain in chemical industry only. So accordingly suggest.
26th June 2012, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

i hv completed bcom mcom and pursuing CA final now further what should i do cs or cfa??
20th July 2012, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my b.com this year. and have joined for cs. during my 2 years of cs, can i apply for cfa?
6th July 2013, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

i'm doin my bcom 2nd year... i would lik to do some professional course along with it.... i'm gud in a/c's
15th March 2015, 02:28 AM
Unregistered

Is llb along with CS is a good choice or can u please suggest me which course I should opt along with CS which has a great importance in today's market ?
9th February 2017, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

I have done my (PGDM) Post Graduate Diploma in Management with specialization in Finance and HR with 93.5% in 2012. I have worked with an MNC for the past two years. Now i want to develop my career in the finance vertical by developing my skills. Which is a better course for this purpose- CS, CFA or any short term certification course? Better in terms of these factors:
1) Job opportunities
2) Length of the program
3) Cost and effort
4) Difficulty level
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?