27th October 2010, 07:13 PM
simpleshivani

Which other courses can be done after 12th PCM apart from Engineering?

i have been a 90+ student since primary classes but now i feel i don"t want to pursue the career in trend {B.TECH} of science students.............
i want to know what other courses are available for me after 12th apart from engineering entrance examinations.............
i am currently in class 12.......
i also want to know about the diff. institutions in india

Related Questions:
  1. Different courses available after 12th PCM? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. List of courses and their entrance exams after 12th with PCM group other than engineering? Can I study dual degree courses? -- [New]
  3. Commerce courses are worthy enough? Good streams for PCM Computers student other than engineering?
  4. Courses in DU after 12th with PCM and 58% marks apart from B.Tech?
  5. Am I eligible for engineering after scoring 40% in PCM in 12th standard?
  6. Am I eligible to pursue BCA/ B.Sc IT/ B.Sc CSE with 50.1% marks in 12th PCB from TBSE Board?
  7. What to do after passing 12th PCM with 81% marks
  8. How to join Aeronautical Engineering after matric?
  9. Which career option should I opt for a better career opportunity excluding engineering after 12th? I have done my 12th(55%) with PCM and physical education subjects
  10. What are the courses which have specific government course scope in the field of PCM after 12th?
  11. Am I eligible for Mechanical Engineering course after scoring 50% marks in PCM and 62% marks in overall? Which are the good engineering courses? What is the criteria?
  12. What can I do after passing 12th with PCM without engineering?
  13. What should I do to study Genetic Engineering after completion of 12th PCM?
  14. Best career options after 12th with PCM other than Engineering?
  15. Can I do biomedical engineering after 12th? I have chosen PCM and Electronics subject for 11th and 12th science
  16. List of private engineering colleges in which I can get after scoring 67.2% in 12th and 59.33% in PCM?
  17. Which other courses can be done after 12th PCM apart from Engineering?
  18. How to do engineering after passing 12th with 54% and 48% in PCM from Ulhasnagar?
27th October 2010, 08:16 PM
rohi9t

Default Re: Which other courses can be done after 12th PCM apart from Engineering?

you can go for
1. architecture B.Arch
2. medical M.B.B.S.
3. dental B.D.S.
4. Fashion designing
5. pure sciences B.Sc. or int. B.Sc.-M.Sc.
27th October 2010, 09:12 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which other courses can be done after 12th PCM apart from Engineering?

Since you are not interested in engineering what is fiield of interest of yours first let me know it.
As you say that you have always been a student of 90+ so for you it would be best to either go for engineering or medical.
You can go for aeronautical stream of engineering or even become scientist or join the academics.
Only some are gifted and talented so they must use their talent to serve the society and nation.
So if you are an intellectual you must help the society, but their are a number of other fields too where you can give your best
27th October 2010, 10:45 PM
koli

There are loads of option for you.
you can simply be an Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) and study further..
aerospace technology or aeronautical engineering will be a good option as it is different from other engineering courses.
you can study B.com or CA or Law.
you can also opt for defense service(army ,navy ,air force and some navel services) or animation courses.
28th October 2010, 02:20 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

ello dear

after 12th, you will not get good jobs. so it will be better to do higher studies.

so you can do given below courses

1.BCA.

2.Bpharm.

3.medical.

4.hotel management.

5.LLB.

6.bba.

7.bio technology.

etc.

all the best.............
28th October 2010, 04:36 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
for an student from mathemetics background there are many courses available .
you can go for an bba degree from institutes like iipm.
also you can fo for bca.
if you are interested in future as an teacher you can also go in for b.sc maths
all the best
28th October 2010, 12:14 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

there is no any pressure upon you that you must have to do the b.tech course or science courses after the 12th,there is many option is open for you,these as are as following
hotel management

mass communication

journlism

bca

bba

b.com

fashion designing
28th October 2010, 02:12 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello Friend,
As you have mentioned you have been a 90+ student since your primary education,you could try for the various Engineering entrance exams,iam sure being such a bright student you will definitely get admission into some reputed college,even you can try for IIT-JEE.

But if you do not want to carry the Engineer's tag,there are other courses which you can take up BCA and then MCA,if interested in the Computers.MBA after Graduation can also be an option,whereas some other courses you can take up is-:
Applied physics
Astronomy
Merchant navy
NDA
Architecture
Meteorology
Geologist
Robotics
Hotel management
Industrial design.
31st October 2010, 11:46 PM
helpmaster

Ther are a number of opportunities apart from engineering for a PCM student.They are
NDA
CDS
CA
CS
LAw
BA
Mass COmm
Tourism Mangement
BBA
Animation
Fashion Designing
So there is unlimited stream but first decide your interest
6th November 2010, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Where do i apply for course in ROBOTICS?
12th December 2010, 08:41 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

You didn't mention the stream your from.But as you tell that your not interested towards the Engineering stream so i suppose that your from MPC background.
there are many other streams other than Engineering like Charted Accountancy,B.Sc,BBM,BBS,BA and other such streams.

In B.sc you can choose the course of your desire.
You can even go through the UPSC exams like NDA and SSB through which you can enter into the defence side.
You can even take up your course in Fashion technology but you need to go through NIFT exam.
If your interested in business management then BBS,BBM is the best.
After that you can go through CAT and seek your entrance in MBA.

all the best
3rd January 2011, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

hey hie.....all i m not able to decide what to take after 12. i am having SCIENCE and MATHS. so apart from engineering and medical what other fields are there to achieve success???????
3rd January 2011, 10:51 PM
Sneha1247

Thumbs up Re: Which other courses can be done after 12th PCM apart from Engineering?

Hi!!!!
Better to decide your interest area first cause if you want to reach on top than there must be your interest so that you can give all your efforts on that direction.
there are different different areas depending once interest:
Mass communication and jounalism if interested in media
Aeronotical and space engineering
Cabin Crew or aviation management
CA or CS
Navy
you can also do simple graduation like BSC or
B.Com after that you can do MBA if interested in management.
and also you can do BCA or BSC IT after that you can go for MCA if you are interested in Computer Softwaring field.

with best wishes!!!!
3rd January 2011, 11:56 PM
sonu1234

after PCM at 10+2 level you go for BCA , BBA ,Hotal managment etc courses.
3rd January 2011, 11:57 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleshivani View Post
i have been a 90+ student since primary classes but now i feel i don"t want to pursue the career in trend {B.TECH} of science students.............
i want to know what other courses are available for me after 12th apart from engineering entrance examinations.............
if u had taken a branch biology in 12 then u had option of medical MBBS
otherwise take interest in fashion designing.
u can also join NDA
civil services.
4th January 2011, 12:28 AM
yajvendra

Dear Friend
As i know there are so many courses you can do after 12th in PCM apart from engineering. like:-
B.Sc
BCA
B.Pharma
B.Com
Bio.Technology
bachelor degree in Dental
etc.
good luck....
4th January 2011, 12:56 AM
gaurab21

Hi!
You have already got an idea of the number of courses available to you from the above posts.. Apart from engineering,there are many courses available for you, and that you have maths as a subject is advantageous depending on the path you choose.. Now from your post, i get a feeling that you are a bit confused about choosing your career.. Now its upto you to choose whereas we can just help you.. To resolve your difficulty you can always opt for a career counselling program, there are many available these days, so choose a better and reliable one.. It will help you much.. Now only after you choose a stream can we tell you about the leading universities and colleges for studing it.. Good Luck!
4th January 2011, 07:50 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

You can go for following courses : (1)B.sc (2)B.Com (3)CA/CS/COST ACCOUNTANT (4)medical M.B.B.S (5)dental BDS (6)architecture
4th January 2011, 09:53 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

dear friend.

there is a many courses.other than engineering many course like medicine,bds,
degree course like the B.Sc,B.C.A.degree level has many course like the
physics,chemistry,maths and b.sc biotechnology and NDA,CDA,b.phram course
like varies.but the choice is yours.
best wishes.............
4th January 2011, 10:57 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

if you have don't interest on engineering then don't go for it. there are so many good options after 12th science. you should choose the better option other than engineering.

MBBS- if you don't like engineering then you may go for medical study. although the competition is very high there. you have to study more if you want to take admission in medical.

B.Sc- after 12 you may go for general study B.Sc.you may do hons in good subject in B.sc. there are good scope and also job opportunity after B.Sc hons in Physics or chemistry. you may go for it.

LLB- if you want to study on law then you may go for LLB course.

BCA, BBA, BBM- there are so many professional course after class 12 like BCA, BBA, BBM etc you may go for it. but in BCA you have to study on computer technology. In BBA and BBM you have to study on related to business management.

B.Arch- if you have interest to study on architecture then you may study B.arch.

NDA- after 12 you may join in Indian army job. you may study NDA.

applied physics- now a days a very good scope is there for applied physics student you may go for it.

other so many options are there after12th PCM. choose the best suitable one for you.

best wishes.
4th January 2011, 11:13 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Which other courses can be done after 12th PCM apart from Engineering?

Well friends,

Lot of friends have answered this question correctly,

Even though, i am fetching you some more information about career after 12th rather than
Engineering.

Always try to go with your own interest, Why because !! Without an interest No course
you will find suitable for you.Even you can't stay more time in that field.

For example, If a guy having interest in computers and he's doing or you can say struggling in Electronics then how can he cope up with.One day he definitely quit the Job,
he will definitely come to IT sector.

thats why start thinking about your career with interests.Don't ever go against your interest.

Career after 12 rather than Engineering.
1.NDA
  • AIR FORCE
  • ARMY
  • NAVY
2.FASHION DESIGNING
3.ACTING
4.NEWS REPORTER
5.PHOTOGRAPHER
6.B.Sc
7.Medical (If you have Bio as a subject in 12th)
8.lots more....

Good luck.
4th January 2011, 11:41 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Red face Re: Which other courses can be done after 12th PCM apart from Engineering?

Quote:
Dear friend,
Apart from engineering you can go for medical,otherwise you are also eligible for BCA or BBA course which are belong to technical and management background,and also hotel management,ground and air hostress etc...
4th January 2011, 11:46 AM
saswata06

You can pursue B.Sc after 12th.Otherwise go for MBBS or integrated MBA or MCA if you are not interested in engg.You can also pursue LLB.
4th January 2011, 04:40 PM
rks_estate

After 12th PCM, you can do following courses:-

1. Applied physics 2. Astronomy 3. Merchant navy 4. Architecture 5. Geologist

6. Robotics 7. Meteorology 8. NDA 9. Hotel management 10. Industrial design.

The above following some courses are related to engineering, I think you can do engineering course because according to your academic profile, Engineeing course is suitable for you because now a days engineering course are in boom.

Following Entrance Exam are available for engineering courses: - AIEEE, STATE PET, IIT-JEE etc.

Best of Luck
4th January 2011, 06:08 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

If you really hardwork and still strive for the best, then you can opt for Chartered Accountant, prepare for UPSC preliminary examination, MBBS, B.L., or can even apply for the bachelor's degree in any of the science or commerce courses and do the preparation for IAS and CA.
4th January 2011, 06:08 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

U can go for B. Archt, aeronautics, or pursue Bsc and then go civil service, u can also apply form scientist post.
24th January 2011, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

kinj...
Hie...!! M in 12th sci vocational...i wanna do MBA-HR m confused for which degree i should opt for other then bsc...i want 2 go for that degree wich wud b e1 helpful in my MBA-HR subject....plz help..
25th January 2011, 04:41 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello,

There are varies courses that you can do after your 12th exam.

Some of the courses are:

1.NDA exam for army,airforce and navy.
2.B.com
3.B. arch
4.BBA
5.Journalism
4.BCA
5.Applies science
6.Fashion technology
7.Mass communication
8.Diretion etc.

So choose well and do your best choice.

best wishes.
25th January 2011, 09:48 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

After from engineering you can for different studies like:-

M.B.B.S.

Fashion designing

BCA

LLB

hotel management

Best of luck..
26th January 2011, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

hello....
i m a student of class 12 and taken PCM as stream.i m really confused about the fields in which i can go. i m gud in maths ,fine in physics and gud in english.i also write good poems and proses.i m not al all interested in engineering and civil services and also in CA.plz suggest some career option which i can pursue i will always be thankful to you....
28th January 2011, 05:26 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
there are a lot of options available for you like
CA
BCA
BSC
B.COM
BBA
fasion designing
mbbs
all these courses are good. you can do any one of your choice
29th January 2011, 06:50 PM
prtk.co

You can do anything like bsc,b.com,CPT,merchant navy,NDA etc.

You can check the below link for more courses.

www.infinitecourses.com/Courses-After-12th-Science.aspx
3rd February 2011, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

i am student of12th with pcm group . can be their any automotive cources after this
5th February 2011, 11:45 AM
xavi

freind hi,

--YOU can go for following courses...........
--1. architecture B.Arch
2. medical M.B.B.S.
3. dental B.D.S.
4. Fashion designing

all the best
4th March 2011, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

i m doing btech (2nd year) and want to know the job categories which i can opt for in future as my 6 weeks training is also approaching after 2nd year....??
7th April 2011, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

I GOT A BIG CONFUSION.I SEND THE FORM OF AIEEE AND UPSEE.BUT I DONOT WANT TO DO ENGINEERING.BUT I WANT TO PASS THESE EXAMS.SO I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I DO
14th April 2011, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

i m persuing b.sc frm c.s...i want 2 knw another options for study...plz give ur replies
15th April 2011, 03:30 AM
Samad M
Member+

As your marks are above 90 in 12th.This shows that you are intelligent and you can do any stream.
But chose the stream of you own interest .listen to all collect the important points from all about all the streams and come to the conclusion of your own.
By having a look on your marks i suggest you to do the following any one of the courses
1.CA(charted accountant)
2.By doing any one of the UG degree you can become an IAS or IPS or IFS officer.
If you become any of the above person than you will have great respect and response in the society.Be careful to chose any of the stream listen to everyone and at last take your own decision.
15th April 2011, 09:49 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

If you don't want to persue your career through engineering you can go to

the following courses like

Medical

B.arch

BCA

B.sc(in any subject interested)

etc.

If you are not interested in science career itself you can take all the courses

which commerce students take.
16th April 2011, 12:14 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

You can do
BBA
BCA
B.Sc
NDA
graduation and then apply for IAS
many option you have dear .....go for that in which you have interest....
16th April 2011, 01:57 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

my dear friend,

you can go for
1. architecture B.Arch
2. medical M.B.B.S.
3. dental B.D.S.
4. Fashion designing

good luck
20th April 2011, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

i want to take maths with commerce as my subject in class11th.
can i go for P.E.T from this subject???
and what are the other courses available in the commerce stream???
19th May 2011, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

is bio-tech is the best course after 10 2...........
20th May 2011, 09:28 PM
guruvashisthaa

i know you need some real challenge 'coz you are god of academics. HM and CT is the real challenge for you. its hard to get good job for you in HM(core).
so decision is in your hand.
welcome to the good life.
27th May 2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

im in pcm branch. i had my interest in maths in class10 but after that i got distracted 4m my studies and got 62 % in pcm & 75% in whole.pls prewscribe me something about my future courier.
5th July 2011, 06:38 PM
namit_sahu21
Member+

If you are not interested in Engineering, you can switch to any stream after 12th.
You can go for Arts, Commerce, Computers etc.
also as a maths student you can opt for
Architecture
Animation
Fashion Designing etc...
15th August 2011, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

i have got 58% in pcm so i want to know which trade should i opt for? i want cs but others say that low % are difficult to get placement.. i want to know that at the time of placement company see the aggregate or the pcm number?
16th August 2011, 01:25 AM
Lyk23

Smile Re: Which other courses can be done after 12th PCM apart from Engineering?

HI FRIEND,

YOU CAN GO FOR SOME COMPUTER STREAM COURSES IF YOU ARE INTERESTED:

1.BCA
2.BSC

BUSINESS STREAMS:

1.BBA
2.B.COM BANK MANAGEMENT

SO, you can for these courses ,it will be helpful for you

good luck!
27th February 2012, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by nillu View Post
Since you are not interested in engineering what is fiield of interest of yours first let me know it.
As you say that you have always been a student of 90+ so for you it would be best to either go for engineering or medical.
You can go for aeronautical stream of engineering or even become scientist or join the academics.
Only some are gifted and talented so they must use their talent to serve the society and nation.
So if you are an intellectual you must help the society, but their are a number of other fields too where you can give your best
i am interested in poetry..help me.suggest me this field area
29th March 2012, 03:18 PM
jobsee

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?