26th May 2012, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required to get admission in science stream?

How much percentage is required to get admission in science stream?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure followed to get admission for 12th Science stream? -- [New]
  2. What is the procedure for getting admission in 11th standard science stream? Percentage of marks required for admission? What is the admission expenditure and monthly expenditure?
  3. How much percentage is required to enter in the science stream college in Pune?
  4. How much percentage is required in 10th to get admission in science stream easily? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What is the minimum percentage required in science stream to get admission in DAV school in durgapur
  6. Percentage required to get admission in science stream?
  7. What is the percentage required to get admission in economics hons for science stream?
  8. Details regarding the admission in AMU for 12th pass commerce stream student? Percentage required for admission?
  9. Minimum percentage required in science stream in class 11th?
  10. How to switch to commerce stream from science stream? Percentage required to get admission in a good commerce college?
  11. List of top 3 colleges of Delhi University for JBT course? What is the percentage required for science stream?
  12. How much percentage is required to get admission in Science? What about fees?
  13. What is the percentage required to get admission in 11th?
  14. Percentage required for admission in science section? I want to take admission in class 11th
  15. What minimum percentage is required in 12th for getting admission in government engineering colleges with CSE stream?
  16. Minimum percentage required to enter in science stream?
  17. Abilities and percentage required to get admission in good Medical schools of USA?
  18. What is the minimum percentage required for 11th standard of science stream?
27th May 2012, 12:32 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required to get admission in science stream?

are you talking about the percentage required in class 11 to get science stream?
well that depends from one school to the other. you have to ask your school authority or contact with the administrative officers of the school you are getting into. usually a 70%+ in science subjects will fetch you a decent science school. but some highly well reputed school can even demand more based on the applications for the limited seats.

hope this helps
27th May 2012, 04:02 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Percentage required to get admission in science stream?

Hi

After a student passes out of the Class 10th board exams, then it is said that he/she has finished primary and secondary schooling. However the Higher Secondary is the 11th and the 12th Classes.

So after passing class 10th, the students are given the choice of taking up streams which they want to pursue their careers in.
There are 3 Basic Streams in Class 11th which are offered. They are : SCIENCE, COMMERCE, or ARTS.

Out of these, SCIENCE is considered to be the most superior one as it is related to the scientific studies, and also if somebody studies Science, then that person becomes eligible to take up ANY stream in their graduation.

So this course is in VERY high demand in all the schools and other open institutes. There are many good schools like DPS, Mother's International, Sardar Patel, Don Bosco, Apeejay etc who are very strict in giving Science to their students as they expect very high results in Class 12th boards exams. So they keep very high percentage requirements like 90% and above or 85% and above.

There are some B-Grade Schools also who are lenient and they allow to take up Science and give full freedom to the students to study whatever they want to.
So they keep the percentage requirements to lower ones of 70%and 60%.

So it depends that which school are you talking about. For more accurate details please check this criteria with your School authorities.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
27th May 2012, 04:27 PM
jyotiprakash2108

Location: 91/3 pratap nagar, sanganer,Jaipur 302021,Rajasthan,India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello
there is no any requirement of percentage to choose science stream after 10th class.
There is depend on you that in which stream you have interest.
-After 10th class there are three streams
-Arts
-Commerce
-Science.

There is no any eligibility percentage require for any stream.
If you have interest in physics, chemistry and mathematics subject then you have to choose science otherwise in my opinion you have take any other subject.
best of luck.
27th May 2012, 04:42 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,
It is very appriciating that you want to chose science stream.
To get admission in the science stream you need to work very hard.
The compition in the science stream is very tough. To get admission in good secience schools or colleges you will need very good marks in the science subjects.
If you got more then 60% then you can get admission in science stream but if you want to study in very good school or college then you should has to score more than 75% to 80%.
So work hard and give your best effort for the preparation.
Best Wishes....
27th May 2012, 05:25 PM
romi_bal

Quote:
After a student passes out of the Class 10th board exams, then it is said that he/she has finished primary and secondary schooling. However the Higher Secondary is the 11th and the 12th Classes.

So after passing class 10th, the students are given the choice of taking up streams which they want to pursue their careers in.
There are 3 Basic Streams in Class 11th which are offered. They are : SCIENCE, COMMERCE, or ARTS.

Out of these, SCIENCE is considered to be the most superior one as it is related to the scientific studies, and also if somebody studies Science, then that person becomes eligible to take up ANY stream in their graduation.

So this course is in VERY high demand in all the schools and other open institutes. There are many good schools like DPS, Mother's International, Sardar Patel, Don Bosco, Apeejay etc who are very strict in giving Science to their students as they expect very high results in Class 12th boards exams. So they keep very high percentage requirements like 90% and above or 85% and above.

There are some B-Grade Schools also who are lenient and they allow to take up Science and give full freedom to the students to study whatever they want to.
So they keep the percentage requirements to lower ones of 70%and 60%.

So it depends that which school are you talking about. For more accurate details please check this criteria with your School authorities.

Hope this helps
27th May 2012, 06:02 PM
Sneha1247

Hi
Every school/college requires different different percentage depending upon their reputation.If you are going to take admission in A grade college than it could be 70% to 80%.If you are going for B grade college than it could be 60% to 70% and if you are going for C grade college than it could be 50%.Generally percentages go higher in case of science steam.

best of luck
28th May 2012, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

my percentage is 7.2 will i get computer science?
31st May 2012, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

i have 58 % in my board exams in medical can i get admition in hp bedes collage
4th June 2012, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Can i get admission in science if i get 60% in ssc in mumbai colleges can u give names of college
6th July 2012, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir,how much percentage required for loco pilot in railway in 10 class ?
31st December 2012, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

how much % is required for iit after 10th
31st December 2012, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

can i have get admission in 12th sci,ihave get 60% in 11th sci.
12th April 2013, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

i have got 55% in 10th board exams..will i get pcb????
19th April 2013, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

ive got b2 in science and maths both respectively will i get science in class11 ?
does it depends completely on school or also on cbse?
30th May 2013, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

i have secure 35% in class 10 . if by giving back or betterment examination i secure 90% ,can i enter in science strem in don bosco school silchar
30th May 2013, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i got 7.8 cgpa in 10th .can you tell me that shall i get science stream in 11th ?
31st May 2013, 11:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The percentage will vary according to the school you are applying for admission.

The cut off marks for admission into top schools goes very high and for not so good schools you just need to be pass in the 10th class to get admission.

So if you have got good marks in Science subject in 10th class then you will get admission into very good school.

Anything above 80% will get you into top schools for Science stream. If you don't have very good marks then also don't worry you will definitely get admission into some schools because there are many schools nowadays.

After getting admission into science stream you have to study very sincerely because the syllabus of 10+2 is very different from the 10th class syllabus.
3rd June 2013, 05:29 AM
Unregistered

i have 7.4 mark in cbse board exam in 10th grade shuold i get science college in pune
4th October 2013, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

HOW MUCH % SHOULD I SCORE IN GRADE 10 TH AND GRADE 12 TH TO BECOME A DOCTOR
1st April 2014, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

sir, i actually want to join IIT after 10 , so my question is that how many percentage i have to score
2nd April 2014, 01:14 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

You did not mention the academic level at which you want to get admission for Science stream.

You should be more clear in your query so that we can better provide our guidance.

Hope it will be 10+2 level.

If you want to opt for Science stream in 10+2, then direct admission will be given in any of the college to join this course.

However some colleges will give admission by considering the percentage of marks scored by you in 10th standard level.

If you have scored 65% of marks in your 10th standard, then you are eligible to get admission for 10+2 in Science stream in any of the college.

The candidate should have strong thorough interest towards science subjects. Then only they can understand the subject and perform well in the practicals. Try to inculcate that one.

Try to get admission in a top college where there are top academic standards and decide upon what you want to be at 10+2 level.

Choose the Entrance Exam to join the course that you are interested and carry out preparation for the same at 10+2 itself.

So that you will easily crack the Entrance Exam and there is a good scope for you to get a top rank in the Entrance Exam.

If you get good rank, obviously, you can get admission in top colleges which will benefit you to gain in depth subject knowledge and to become expert.

Wish you all the best.
6th October 2015, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

I am student of 10th nd I want to get PCM . But I failed in maths in sa1 so can I get PCM if I get A grade in sa2 In maths nd other subjects. Pls reply me ASAP
7th October 2015, 11:27 PM
maakaladla

For getting admission in 12th with a science stream you can passed the 10 th standard with a good marks atleast 75% marks.

Many of the top schools are required much more number so passed the 10th then you can studied the 12 th very sincerly.
29th May 2017, 02:47 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10th exam by scoring 576 marks. It is 82%. Can i go for science stream means pure science????
14th June 2017, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

I got 388% in SSC which best colleges I should apply for science stream please give me this answer.
18th March 2020, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

I got 76% in class 12th board exam in science stream can I get admission in delhi university???????
5th August 2020, 02:15 PM
Sunnyprem960

Quote:
Sir,i got 7.8 cgpa in 10th .can you tell me that shall i get science stream in 11th ?
Hello,

Yes, you can join in science stream in 11th standard (course may be : MPC which has maths, physics and chemistry)..
6th August 2020, 08:28 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Percentage required to get admission in science stream?

The minimum percentage for go to the Science stream is around 60%. Science Stream (I) Science with Mathematics.

However, a minimum of 70% in aggregate is required to get admission in any good school, however if you wish to get admission in top rankling school, you should try to score above 85% in aggregate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?