27th December 2018, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to appear for NET in Psychology directly after completing MBA?

Is it possible to appear for NET in Psychology exam directly after completion of MBA? Further, if I clear this exam then should do PhD in same branch i.e., in Psychology or I would be allowed to change my stream?

30th April 2022, 10:34 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear for NET in Psychology directly after completing MBA?

No, you cannot appear in the UGC NET in Psychology paper directly after completion of your MBA degree course as for appearing UGC NET in Psychology paper you need to have completed your postgraduation degree in Psychology or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate ( or 50% marks in aggregate in case of reserved category candidates) from a recognized university.

So, if you want to appear in UGC NET in Psychology, you need to get yourself admitted in Masters degree in Psychology first.

For complete details regarding the UGC NET, you can refer to the link https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?