17th January 2019, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to change the stream from B.Tech Mechanical to M.Tech Computer Science?

I am B.Tech Mechanical Engineering 1st year student. Can I change my group after completing B.Tech for doing M.Tech in Computer Science? Will this be a good move or should I stick to B.Tech subject area?

28th January 2019, 04:11 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to change the stream from B.Tech Mechanical to M.Tech Computer Science?

Candidates are eligible to change their stream after the B.Tech course and eligible to pursue the M.Tech in the stream of their own choice.

GATE is conducted for admission in the M.Tech course in NIT and other institutes.

M.Tech is two year course.
30th January 2019, 05:38 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to change the stream from B.Tech Mechanical to M.Tech Computer Science?

1. It is possible to change stream of engineering after completion of Bachelor's degree in Engineering. You can apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and crack it to get admission in M.Tech course.

2. It is advisable to stick with stream similar in bachelor's degree to have better understanding of course. Computer science and Mechanical Engineering are two diverse fields.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?