24th June 2018, 10:13 AM

Possibility to change stream to Civil Engineering for BTech Mechanical 1st year student?

Dear Sir, I am studying in BTech course with Mechanical Engineering. I am a first year student and I want to change my stream to Civil Engineering. So, is it possible for me to change my stream? Please tell me immediately.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I change my stream to Civil Engineering being a Mechanical student?
  2. Possibility to study Mechanical Engineering for Diploma in Civil Engineering student through JELET?
  3. Can I change my stream to Civil Engineering after completion of 1st year of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at MANUU, Darbhanga?
  4. Can I change my engineering stream while doing btech? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Possibility to study MTech Aeronautical Engineering for BTech Civil student? -- [New]
  6. Possibility to change stream into Mechanical Engineering if pursuing B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
  7. Possibility to change stream to Mechanical for Diploma Civil student?
  8. Possibility to change Diploma in Mechanical to Aeronautical stream? What are the rules and regulations of RGPV Bhopal?
  9. Possibility to change stream from Diploma in Electrical Engineering to Electronics in 2nd year? How to change it?
  10. Possibility to study BTech(Civil Engineering) for ECE Diploma student?
  11. Stream change from Production engineering to civil or IT in 1st year from Gujarat University?
  12. Should I change from chemical to mechanical engineering?
  13. Possibility to change college from VTU to any autonomous college for BTech student?
  14. Can i change my engineering stream after first year completion?
  15. Can I change my stream from Electronics and Electrical engineering to Mechanical or Computer engineering?
  16. Possibility to change stream in first year of Diploma Engineering at RGPV, Bhopal? Procedure for it?
  17. If I have a backlog in one subject can I change from Civil to Mechanical Engineering after 1st year?
  18. Is there any possibility to change to different stream in PG
25th June 2018, 09:10 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to change stream to Civil Engineering for BTech Mechanical 1st year student?

Yes, it is possible for changing the branch from mechanical to civil after 1st year of education.

For changing the branch you need to meet few requirements like you need to score top marks in your university or college. If you score top marks then only you'll be given an option for changing the branch.

The changing process may vary from university to university. The common process is you need to apply for branch changing through application form, you need to submit the form to the principal or to the management department. Based on the vacancy you'll be given an option for changing the branch.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?