2nd January 2019, 12:48 PM

Possibility to join Indian Air Force for 12th Arts student?

Hi everyone, I am studying in 12th standard with Arts stream. My aim is to join Indian Air Force. But I have taken Arts, so I think it's impossible for me to join Indian Air Force. Kindly help me in this regard.

8th January 2019, 09:48 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Air Force for 12th Arts student?

Being a student of Class 12th in Arts stream, the option available for you in Indian Air force, is the option of Airmen Y group recruitment for which the minimum eligibility criteria required are as following :-

1) You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

2) Your age must lie in between 17 years to 21 years.

3) You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognised university.

4) You must maintain the physical and mental standards as per the service requirement.

For more details regarding airforce airmen recruitment, you can refer to the link www.airmenselection.cdac.in while for details regarding different career options available in Indian Air force, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
9th January 2019, 09:14 AM
Premvishal03

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Air Force for 12th Arts student?

Yes. You can appear for AFCAT and clear SSB, medicals, and get into merit to be an officer in IAF. Mind you, you will only be eligible for ground duty(Administration & Logistics) if you didn't have maths and physics in your 12th.

thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?