14th February 2017, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to join Indian Air Force and Indian Army on the basis of 12th marks?

Hello sir, I am in 12th with Science and want to join Indian Air Force or Indian Army. Is there any option to join it on the basis of 12th marks only?

Related Questions:
  1. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  2. Is it possible for me to get into Army or Air Force after clearing ITI exam?
  3. How can I join Indian Air force or Indian Army after completing B.Tech?
  4. What should I study further after completion of 12th to join Indian Air Force?
  5. Can I join Indian Air Force with 84% in Maths, 87% in Physics, 93% in English and 88.2% aggregate in 12th?
  6. Can I apply for Indian Air Force and Army having completed Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering? Procedure to join Air Force and Army?
  7. Can I join in Indian Air Force or Army after passing 12th exam?
  8. How to join Indian Air Force after completion of 12th? Percentage required to join?
  9. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can i join Indian Army on the basis of Diploma certificate and relation certificate?
  11. Can I become a Para Commando after B.Com?
  12. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  13. What is the role of Pharmacist in Indian Air Force? Scope for Pharmacy candidates in Air Force, Navy and Army? How can I join Navy, Army or Air Force being a Graduate in Pharmacy?
  14. How can I join Indian Army or Air Force after passing 12th?
  15. How can I join Indian Army, Air Force or Navy after 12th?
  16. Can I qualify for NDA if my eye sight is weak?
  17. Can I join Indian army, navy or air force after completing 2nd PUC with commerce stream?
  18. Possibility to apply in Indian Air Force for 12th Science student?
15th February 2017, 05:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Air Force and Indian Army on the basis of 12th marks?

There is no possibility to join Indian Air Force and Indian Army on basis of 12th marks. You will have to clear NDA entrance examination to join either Army or Air Force or Navy. The eligibility criteria for NDA examination is as below:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. For Navy and Air Force, mathematics and physics is necessary in 10+2.

>>Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

>>Only unmarried male candidates can apply for this exam.

Stages of this exam:

You will have to clear written test and Service Selection Board to join any wing of Defence through NDA entrance exam. Last date to apply for NDA I of 2017 is over now.
15th February 2017, 08:24 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Air Force and Indian Army on the basis of 12th marks?

First thing I would like to know that there is no entry in Indian Army that is done on the basis of marks in Class 12th only but on the same basis there is provision of skipping written examination and directly appearing in SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview for becoming an officer in Indian Army through an entry known as TES.

TES refers to Technical Entry Scheme and selection through same entry is done twice every year.

Also to be eligible for same, you need to have completed your Class 12th with PCM group with at least 70% marks from a recognized board. Further your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

For more details and updates about TES you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
15th February 2017, 11:05 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no possibility to join the defence service just on the basis of aggregate in 12th board examination score.

Candidates in some entry must get relaxation of not appearing for written examination but they have to appear and qualify in other stages such as physical fitness, interview etc.

So, you are not eligible for direct entry on marks basis.
15th February 2017, 11:39 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

For joining he defence service it is necessary that candidate must be physically and mentally fit.

So, it is not possible to get the recruitment just on the basis of aggregate in 12th board examination as candidates have to qualify in various stages before the final recruitment in job.

So, to join the Air Force or Navy you can appear for NDA, through Tech entry you will be eligible for directly eligible for SSB.
18th February 2017, 12:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am in 12th with Science and want to join Indian Air Force or Indian Army. Is there any option to join it on the basis of 12th marks only?
After 12th standard, you are eligible for Indian Air Force and Indian Army exam.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics are eligible for Indian Air Force and Indian Army through NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
19th February 2017, 10:24 PM
namit65786
Junior Member+

After 12th one can join the Air Force and Army by qualifying in the following exams:
For Officer Cadre
1. NDA/ NA - for AF/ Army and Navy
2. ACC - for Army
For Airmen/ Soldier/ Sailor Cadre
1. CASB for Airmen in IAF
2. Army/ navy recruitment board for soldier/ Sailor in Indian Army/ Navy
28th February 2017, 11:31 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

No, you can't join Indian air force and Indian academy on the basis of 12th marks to join one of these cadre you will have appeared in entrance exam which is conducted by NDA.

Candidates who have passed 12th with PCM can apply for this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?