29th November 2018, 08:13 AM
Vishalsinhapunaichak

Possibility to study LLB for 37 years old candidate?

Dear Sir, I want to take admission for LLB course. But I am 37 years old. So, I am little worried because I don't know whether it is possible for me or not to secure admission and LLB course. Kindly tell me about this. Thank you!

30th November 2018, 09:23 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study LLB for 37 years old candidate?

LLB is Bachelor in Legislative Law and it is three year bachelor degree course from a recognised university.

The eligibility to appear for the examination to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. There is no upper age limit to appear for the examination to get admission.

So, you do not need to worry for the age criteria and qualify in the entrance test for admission. Entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission in the course.
30th November 2018, 12:01 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to get admission in LLB course. As per Bar Council of India there is no upper age limit to get admission in LLB course.

The common qualification to get admission to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, candidates with bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear in the examination to get admission in the course.
1st December 2018, 03:59 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Possibility to study LLB for 37 years old candidate:-

LLB - Bachelor of law, is a 3 and 5 years undergraduate course in law and can be pursued after completion of graduation and 12th respectively.

The Eligible Candidate must be in Indian citizen having completed 12th in any stream from a recognised board with in the age of 20 years, can apply for 5 years integrated law degree.

For 3 years law degree, one must be an Indian citizen having completed graduation with in any stream from a recognised University with in the age of 30 years, can apply .

As you are now 37 years, you are not eligible to apply for any law degree. However you may take a degree in law through correspondence course.
1st December 2018, 04:51 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to study LLB in 37 years old because age limit for LLB course is 30 years and 35 years age for SC/ ST candidates. So you are not eligible to study for LLB course.

However you may take a degree in law through correspondence course.

Eligibility criteria:-

The eligibility criteria for LLB is that one should have a BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com degree with a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate and 35% for SC and ST candidates. For seeking admission in this law course the students have to give an entrance test and a personal interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?