10th July 2020, 08:56 PM
Irasanand7521

Is it possible to start with BA from IGNOU while already continuing Diploma course?

Now, I am doing Diploma courses from PIT, Delhi. But I want to appear in UPSC examination. So, I want to do BA from IGNOU at the same time while continuing my Diploma. Am I eligible for Civil Services like IAS, IPS, IFS etc or SSC CGL after doing BA?

12th July 2020, 10:43 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to start with BA from IGNOU while already continuing Diploma course?

The minimum education for pursuing degree course (i.e; B.A.) from IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) is a Class 12th or equivalent from a recognised board of education.

So, while pursuing your Diploma degree course, you will not be eligible for pursuing BA degree course as you will not hold the essential qualification for pursuing the same course unless you complete your Diploma degree course.

For complete details regarding the IGNOU courses and admissions, you can refer to the link www.ignou.ac.in.
12th July 2020, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Is it possible to start with BA from IGNOU while already continuing Diploma course?

Yes, You will start your graduation a new rule of ugc one people can do two courses together.
12th July 2020, 11:52 AM

Yes you will eligible for both the course because a guideline prepare by ugc in which he said a student can do two courses simultaneously. So you will eligible for B. A and after graduation, you can aply for upsc exam.
12th July 2020, 01:47 PM
lalithachalla

Yes it is possible, if you are pursuing one degree in regular mode and other degree in distant mode.
12th July 2020, 08:21 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

No , you must have to complete diploma first than you will be eligible for pursuing BA.
And
Yes, you will be eligible for all mentioned exam after completion of BA degree with minimum 60%.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?