14th August 2018, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study B.Sc in Civil Engineering after passing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

I have completed Diploma in Civil Engineering after my class 10th board exam. Now, I want to take admission in B.Sc Civil Engineering. Is it possible?

15th August 2018, 10:20 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to study B.Sc in Civil Engineering after passing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

There is no such course called B.Sc in Civil Engineering. The name of course is Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering.

You can apply for admission in B.Tech in Civil Engineering through LEET examination. LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. LEET is conducted by State technical university every year for admission in second year of engineering.

To apply for LEET exam, you need to have minimum of 60% marks in diploma.
15th August 2018, 11:53 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study B.Sc in Civil Engineering after passing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

One who has completed Diploma in Civil Engineering is eligible to pursue B.Tech in Civil Engineering and there is a scheme known as Lateral Entry Entrance Test by qualifying this entrance test you will get admission directly in 2nd year of the Engineering Course and henceforth the duration of the course will reduced to 3 years only. And as you are saying that do you want to do BSc in civil engineering so I would like to tell you that there is no such course.
15th August 2018, 11:54 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

** As per my knowledge, there is no B.Sc in Civil Engineering course available in any college in India.

** As per my suggestion you should go for B.Tech. Civil Engineering after completing Diploma in Civil course.

** Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering is an undergraduate Civil Engineering course.

** The duration of this course is three years after Diploma course and 4 years after 12th class.
15th August 2018, 12:58 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

After completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering, a candidate is eligible to pursue B.Tech in Civil Engineering. As you are saying that you want to pursue BSc in civil engineering help there is no such course.
You can appear in lateral entry Engineering Test and by qualifying this test you will able to get admission directly in 2nd year of the BTech course.
15th August 2018, 01:09 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes if you have completed Diploma in Civil Engineering then, you are eligible to pursue B.Sc in Civil Engineering.
There is no any issue regarding admission in B.Sc.
You can also get admission in B.Tech through lateral entry.
15th August 2018, 05:26 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

When it is civil engineering then the course is called Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering.

You can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test to get admission directly in second year of engineering. Diploma in civil engineering need to have at least minimum of 60% marks in diploma to apply for LEET.

Good LEET rank candidates can get admission in government engineering college.
15th August 2018, 05:50 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

You will be happy to know that you can study B.Tech Civil Engineering after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering. You are eligible for the Lateral Entry in the concerned course. It means that you will start B.Tech course from the 2nd year. There are some entrance exams conducted by state governments itself to give the diploma students some opportunities so that they can do B.Tech course further.

You just need to prepare well for the entrance tests and crack the entrance test with good score card. So that you can get admission in reputed engineering colleges.
15th August 2018, 10:09 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

It is possible for diploma in Civil Engineering to pursue Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. Diploma in civil engineering candidates can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test to get admission in Diploma in Civil Engineering.

For LEET exam, a candidate needs to have minimum of 60% marks in diploma in civil engineering. Your rank in LEET exam will decide your college and stream of engineering.
16th August 2018, 07:15 PM
Shubhashree_Sahoo

No, there is no such thing as B.Sc in Civil engineering. But you can definitely go for B.tech in Civil Engineering after getting Diploma in it. You just have to appear with various entrance exams like JEE or various private university entrance exams. All the best!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?