26th August 2017, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply for B.Tech after completion of ITI course?

This is Caroline from Chennai. I want to do B.Tech, but I completed only ITI but you tell other persons some courses it's equal to diploma and B.Tech. So, how should I do that courses and what is the duration of that course. Please send me full details soon.

31st August 2017, 09:35 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to apply for B.Tech after completion of ITI course?

ITI stands for Industrial Training Certificate.

Students who have done Industrial Training Certificate can apply for diploma. You can apply for entrance exam of Diploma in your state.

When your diploma is finished, you can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test to get admission in Bachelor of technology. For LEET exam, minimum of 60% marks is required in diploma. You can get direct admission in second year of engineering.
31st August 2017, 11:27 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for B.Tech course after completion of your ITI course. After completion of ITI, you need to pursue Diploma course to be eligible to pursue B.Tech course. Being an ITI holder, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of Diploma course and after completion of that, you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
1st September 2017, 12:21 AM
starberry

There is no such course in Diploma that is equal to B.Tech. Both are different courses with different eligibility criteria.

You can get admission in B.Tech after completing diploma through Lateral entry into 2nd year of B.Tech course. To get Lateral Entry, you must qualify Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET). This exam is conducted for meritorious Diploma candidates who can pursue bachelors course from 2nd year. All the major Indian engineering colleges accept diploma student through this exam. There are number of specific seats allocated for Diploma students under Lateral Entry scheme.
1st September 2017, 04:27 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

After ITI, you can apply for Lateral Entry into B.Tech course.

However, you cannot apply for IITs, NITs as they don't allow lateral entry candidates.

Most of the colleges allow lateral entry scheme for the candidates to get admission into engineering colleges.

Lateral entry exam is conducted by University itself or the college itself.

The syllabus will be entirely based on the course that you had studied earlier in ITI.
2nd September 2017, 01:12 PM
kunalroy89

You cannot get admission in B.Tech after ITI. The technical course chain is something like this
ITI -- DIPLOMA -- B.Tech/B.E --- M.Tech/M.E.

As you have done ITI now, you need to get admission in 3year Diploma course of your preference in your State. After completing Diploma, you can appear for Lateral Entry exam for B.Tech where you can get direct admission in 2nd year of engineering after passing the test.
All this can be done by direct classroom courses full time or through correspondence courses while doing job.
If you get a good job you can join and then continue your studies through correspondence courses of Technical education through AMIE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?