28th August 2010, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply for IAS exam if I am a Chartered Accountant? Syllabus of it?

I am a chartered accountant.I want to appear in IAS exam, but i have no idea about its procedure. Pls. tell me the full procedure for appearing in IAS examination and syllabus and also tell me about study material. Am i eligible for any exemption. When will IAS examination held.
Is it necessary to join any training institute for this examination.

29th June 2011, 05:20 PM
naving

Default Re: Procedure to apply for IAS exam if I am a Chartered Accountant? Syllabus of it?

by online you can give the registration of IAS you should read arts stream for good marks
30th June 2011, 03:08 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for IAS exam if I am a Chartered Accountant? Syllabus of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a chartered accountant.I want to appear in IAS exam, but i have no idea about its procedure. Pls. tell me the full procedure for appearing in IAS examination and syllabus and also tell me about study material. Am i eligible for any exemption. When will IAS examination held.
Details About IAS Examination -

Firstly I have to Inform You That, The IAS Examination Was Conducted by UPSC Every Year And to apply for This Examination You need to be a graduate.

So, If you Dont be a Graduate Candidate, then You are Not eligible to apply for IAS Examination, Only Graduate Candidates are Eligible To apply for This examination.

To become a IAS/IPS Officer, You need to appear for UPSC Civil Services Examination, The examination are conducted in 2 stages, First Preliminary Examination and After clear the Preliminary Examination you are eligible for Main Examination.

The Notification of the Examination was Published in the employment Newspaper Or in the official website of UPSC, The Notification was Published in the month of February Every Year.

And for this examination, Candidates age should between 21 to 30 years. The upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST and OBC Candidates. Eligible Candidates May apply for this Examination Online, The application form are also availiable in the Designated Post Offices in India.

So, If you Dont have Graduate degree then Sorry You are Not eligible for UPSC Civil Services Examination, Because for this examination, You must be a graduate In any Discipline From a recognised University, Final year appearing Candidates are also eligible for This Examination.

If you need more Information Regarding IAS examination, then please read the Given Notification. All the necessary Information are availiable in this Notification -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 190 views)
30th June 2011, 03:23 PM
raja badam

Dear Aspirant,
One who completed there graduation from recognized university is eligible for entrance exam of IAS.
IAS exam is conducts by UPSC.

Syllabus for IAS Exam is as follows.

First one is you must attend a Preliminary Exam have two papers those are ,Paper one is General Studies and Paper two is CSAT( Civil Service Aptitude Test).preliminary exam have objective questions and MAINS exam have descriptive questions

Next step is Civils MAINS

Last one is Interview.

for more details about this exam official website is www.upsc.gov.in
30th June 2011, 03:42 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
you apply for this exam
if you satisfy the criteria:--

*candidate must pass graduation

*age 21 to 30 years
5 years relaxation for SC/ST
3 years for OBC

you choose 2 suject

1) general knowledge
2)optional subject
30th June 2011, 05:01 PM
MonuRai

Dear,

IAS i.e. Indian Administrative Services is a exam conducted by the UPSC and it is one of the most prestigious government posts of India.

The minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate in any field from any recognized university of India.

Age limitation is between 21-30 years for the general , 21-33 years for the OBC and 21-35 years for the SC/ST.

More details are provided on the website:-

www.upsc.gov.in.

Thanks.
30th June 2011, 05:03 PM
MonuRai

Dear,

IAS i.e. Indian Administrative Services is a exam conducted by the UPSC and it is one of the most prestigious government posts of India.

The minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate in any field from any recognized university of India.

Age limitation is between 21-30 years for the general , 21-33 years for the OBC and 21-35 years for the SC/ST.

More details are provided on the website:-

www.upsc.gov.in.

Thanks.
30th June 2011, 05:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
eligibility criteria for IAS exam:-

1)academic qualification->A degree from a recognised University or equivalent.Candidates appearing at the degree examination also eligible to compete subject to certain conditions.

2)age->21 - 30 years

Number of attempts:- For General Candidates - 3, For OBC- 7, For SC/ST- 5.

PAttern of Entrance: Entrance is held in mainly thre Phases i) Preliminaries
ii) Main and ii) Interview.

for more information you can check the website,
http://upsc.gov.in

all the best
30th June 2011, 08:54 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
yes you can give IAS exam after chattered accountant , generally
the candidate those who are clear there graduation level they can
join as ias .

to became ias, ips you have to give upsc civil service exam ........

good luck..........
30th June 2011, 10:07 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

you are eligible to apply for IAS

examination.

Applying for IAS is simple you can fill the forms online

at
www.upsc.gov.in

www.upsconline.gov.in

Or you can get the forms from Post Offices.

SYLLABUS

It will depend upon the optionals you choose.

there are 25 subjects to choose from including economics and

related subjects.

CSAT : Includes GS and mathematical aptitude.

visit

www.onestopias.com
30th June 2011, 10:09 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

you are eligible to apply for IAS

examination.

Applying for IAS is simple you can fill the forms online

at
www.upsc.gov.in

www.upsconline.gov.in

Or you can get the forms from Post Offices.

SYLLABUS

It will depend upon the optionals you choose.

there are 25 subjects to choose from including economics and

related subjects.

CSAT : Includes GS and mathematical aptitude.

visit

www.onestopias.com
28th December 2011, 09:55 AM
joblesswork

Dear Aspirant,
One who completed there graduation from recognized university is eligible for entrance exam of IAS.
IAS exam is conducts by UPSC.

Syllabus for IAS Exam is as follows.

First one is you must attend a Preliminary Exam have two papers those are ,Paper one is General Studies and Paper two is CSAT( Civil Service Aptitude Test).preliminary exam have objective questions and MAINS exam have descriptive questions

Next step is Civils MAINS

Last one is Interview.

for more details about this exam official website is www.upsc.gov.in
3rd January 2012, 10:30 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi,
I am sorry you say that you are nit eligible for I.A.S with out graduation.
I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
21st April 2012, 01:04 PM
onest

To Appear For Bank PO Examination, You Have To Scored Minimum 55% Marks In Graduation.

But The Eligiblity Criteria Are Vary From Bank To Bank.

But After Graduation With 55% Marks You Are Eligible To Apply For Bank PO Examination.
14th May 2012, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

is there any time limit for sending application form for next attempt of prelims..... and in which month it is held??????/
28th June 2012, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

how many hours i have to study for becoming the chartered accountant
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?