16th July 2010, 11:03 PM
Aarti borkar

Procedure to get in JNU for M.sc?

what is the procedure to get in JNU for M.sc??
can you tell me 'bout the courses which JNU offers and the syllabus for entrance exam..????

17th July 2010, 12:05 PM
samratguha

Default Re: Procedure to get in JNU for M.sc?

hello friend:
Every year foreign students are admitted to various programmes of study under the following categories
(a) Self-financing students

(b) Under the Cultural Exchange Fellowship Programme of Govt. of India.

(c) As Casual Scholars to audit the courses (not leading to award of any degree)

Foreign students seeking admission in any of the categories under (a) and (b) above will have to satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria for admission to the various programmes of study as prescribed by the University.

All foreign students who are in India are required to appear in the Entrance Examination which will be conducted by the University in the third week of May every year at various Centres all over the country. The students seeking admission under this category may approach the Section Officer (Admissions) for details.

Foreign students who are applying from their respective foreign countries, their application will be considered "In Absentia" and they are required to mail application form annexed with this Information Bulletin.

Candidates may also download the application form from website http://www.jnu.ac.in/admission/foreign.html.

The students seeking admission under the Cultural Exchange Fellowship Programme of Government of India are required to approach the Indian Council for Cultural Relations, Azad Bhavan, I.P State, New Delhi-110001, India.

In the event of their selection, candidates will be informed about their selection and their admission will be subject to the following conditions :-

1. Fulfilling the minimum eligiblity requirement as prescribed for Indian Students and Equivalence of their degree as prescribed by the University for various programmes of study.

2. Production of Student-Visa/Research Visa (as the case may be) in accordance with the revised visa policy of Government of India as also a xerox copy of their Passport together with the original documents for verification.

CERTIFICATES AND DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE SUBMITTED BY CANDIDATES ALONGWITH APPLICATION FORM FOR ADMISSION TO VARIOUS PROGRAMMES OF STUDY

(a) Duly attested copies of Senior School Certificate /Bachelor's Degree, Master Degree etc.

(b) Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from a foreign university should submit all the relevant information/documents which may justify the equivalence of their qualifications.

(c) Mark-sheets/Degrees in a language other than English should be got translated into English language and a copy of the same duly attested be attached.

(d) A Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.

(e) Details of Bank account.

(f) A certificate from the Bank of the applicant to the effect that sufficent funds are available in the account of the applicant to sustain his/her studies in India for the duration of the programme.

(g) Medical Insurance document(s).
17th July 2010, 12:24 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
JNU belongs to the community of highly reputed and demanded universities in India and it offers most of the master degree courses in its campuses. Also the fees for various courses are very less and lies in common affordable range.

As you have not mentioned a particular course I would suggest you to go through JNU official website to get details about your subject of interest.
http://www.jnu.ac.in/
http://www.jnu.ac.in/main.asp?sendval=Prospectus#sps
Thank You
17th July 2010, 03:23 PM
jicks

Hi,

You have to get selected in Entrance exam conducted by JNU for getting admission in any branch of M.Sc.

Questions for the entrance exam will be based on your subject of study in Final Year graduation.

Jawaharlal Nehru University offers 39 branches of study in Life Sciences, and 24 branches in Physical Sciences and 40 branches of study in Computer and Systems sciences.

Selection is based on your Percentage of marks in Degree and your score in Entrance exam.
Eligibility for appearing this entrance is a pass in Degree with minimum 55%

Applications for entrance exam are issued in March each year and exam is conducted inMay and Admissions are finalised in July.

Best Regards
17th July 2010, 05:20 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

To get admission in M.sc from JNU, then for this, you have to give the JNU entrance exams. The JNU conducts his own entrance exams every year in the month of May,
So if you have clear this entrance exams, then you will get a opportunity to get
admission in JNU.

But, the exams are over now and you have really missed the chance. So please apply
next year, till then keep practice for this exams. For more detail please visit the official
websites of JNU -

www.jnu.ac.in
18th July 2010, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

thank you....i haven't missed one but i'm preparin' fo' next year........
and is there any site which gives material for the entrance test??
19th July 2010, 01:45 AM
s.k.singh

Selection is based on your Percentage of marks in Degree and your score in Entrance exam.
Eligibility for appearing this entrance is a pass in Degree with minimum 55%
it offers most of the master degree courses in its campuses. Also the fees for various courses are very less and lies in common affordable range.

Applications for entrance exam are issued in March each year and exam is conducted inMay and Admissions are finalised in July.
19th July 2010, 04:31 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Candidates have to appear for the entrance exam conducted by JNU(Jawahar Lal Nehru University).Atleast 55% marks in graduation is required for appearing in the entrance exam. www.jnu.ac.in will provide more details.Application forms can be dowloaded from the official website of the college.The foreign students who wish to study in JNU must produce their Visa and medical certificate.
31st August 2010, 04:38 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

The Procedure to get in JNU for M.sc is simple you will have to suit for the exam conducted by the Jawahar Lal Nehru University but remember one thing that you must have the minimum percentage of 55our graduation..

And after qualiying the entrance exam you will be selected for the JNU..

Best Wishes..Prepare well...!!
4th February 2011, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

sir,I want to know the entrance syllabus for MSc. life science.Please help.
11th February 2011, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to apply for both msc life science and msc biotech ,so separate form is avialable or one form.please clear me so that i will make the demand draft.thank you
5th March 2011, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

sir, please inform me about the entrance syllabus for MSc.IT and would you please be kind enough to tell me about the sample papers required for the entrance. Thank you.
19th July 2011, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

Hello. I had completed my MSc at Oxford and had been shortlisted for a Leverhulme Award, and I chose JNU. Despite several attempts to contact the university however, I did not receive any response. I consequently had to forego my place.

The programme I was interested in was the MPhil in Development Studies at the CDS in Kerala.

Best wishes.
30th August 2011, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir am pursuing B.sc Botany Hons. from University of Calcutta. ths is my final yr. i want to do M.SC 4m JNU. For dt i need to knw abt d jnu m.sc courses, their eligibility criteria n d syllabus 4 m.sc entrance.
22nd October 2011, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

sir/ mam . this is ashutosh shukla, doing BTech first year... can i get admission in mSc in JNU... is there any way out,.... kindly tell me the procedure... kindly respond... yours sincerely ... ashutosh shukla my mail id is [email protected]
1st December 2011, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

date for submission online application for entrance exam 2012 in msc physics in jnu
4th December 2011, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

respected sir......
i m studying in bsc final year in environmental science in gujarat there is only college which offers bsc degree in env sci nd i m glad but for future studies i have a deep interest to get msc degree from jnu so can u just tell me the procedure for applying nd if there is any syllabus for preparing for entrance..........
9th January 2012, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

how we get lasy five years question paper of our email id
27th January 2012, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

how can I get m.sc. physics syllabus of entrance exam in our email id
22nd February 2012, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

I want to syllabus of physics entrance vexam msc jnu delhi ?
25th February 2012, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

how can i get into jnu for msc physics
18th March 2012, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

tell me the procedure of filling the form of m.sc online
18th April 2012, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

I have applied as a casual student in the social science department for the 2012 moonsoon semester. How long does it take to get an answer if one is accepted or not?
11th July 2012, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

i have qulified the cbee held by jnu. i was informed that i got a seat in tezpur university through jnu cbee. can i know what will be the admission procedure after this.
30th December 2012, 12:20 PM

i want to give the entrance exam of msc(phy) of jnu what are the documents needed??bt also i got an ER in 5th semster can i still go for it??
5th October 2013, 07:07 AM
Unregistered

is the chemistry a subject of msc course in jnu
24th February 2014, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

sir
i am final semester of graduation(BSC IT) without having mathmatics in 12th i want do mca from jnu i am eligible or not please reply me fast
20th June 2014, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Can u tell me , is there any crieteria for direct admission in M.Sc. at jnu on the basis of purely graduation % without any entrance??????'
My email id is- [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?