6th November 2017, 07:59 PM
parinithagk

Procedure to shift from CBSE to ICSE board in 6th standard?

My son is studying in class 6 CBSE school this year. In half-yearly exams, he failed in 4 main subjects. I feel the CBSE school he is studying in are teaching according to exam point of view as they are ALWAYS IN HURRY TO COMPLETE THE PORTION BEFORE EXAM DATE. by seeing all these I feel like shifting my son school in next academic year. and school near to our house is ICSE syllabus. Kindly do guide me as I am confused what to do in this case.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to shift from 9th ICSE board to 10th CBSE board?
  2. Is it difficult to cope up if transfer from IB Board to ICSE/CBSE Board for 6th student?
  3. Age limit for 1st standard in ICSE school and difference between CBSE board and ICSE board?
  4. Mode of Transfer from ICSE Board to CBSE Board for admission in 6th standard?
  5. ICSE or Tripura Board, which one is better for 6th standard aspirant?
  6. List of CBSE affiliated schools for admission in 2nd and 6th standards in Vadodara? Procedure to get admission?
  7. Procedure to shift from CBSE to ICSE board in 6th standard?
  8. Possibility of transfer to ICSE 10th standard from CBSE 9th standard?
  9. Possibility to transfer from ICSE Board to study 10th CBSE for 9th student?
  10. Should I shift from ICSE to PSEB for better opportunities being a 10th student?
  11. Eligibility to study in 11th standard of ICSE/CBSE Board in Kerala for an IGCSE student of Tamil Nadu? Possibility to appear in Kerala State Medical Entrance Test?
  12. Is it possible to change the board from CBSE to ICSE in 12th standard?
  13. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is it beneficial to study in International School for 6th standard student? -- [New]
  15. Is ICSE board consider to be easier than CBSE board?
  16. Which is better among CBSE Board and ICSE Board for 7th student?
  17. Minimum age required to get admission in 6th standard of ICSE and CBSE Boards for 10 years old student? Whether the Date of Birth can be changed later after submitted?
  18. Whether a candidate will get admission in 11th ICSE after completing 10th from CBSE Board?
7th November 2017, 09:36 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to shift from CBSE to ICSE board in 6th standard?

Yes, your son can switch from CBSE to ICSE board easily.
To get admission you have to visit to ICSE board school. You have follow the admission procedure.
You will require Transfer certificate and report card of class 6.
7th November 2017, 11:12 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you want to change the board, no doubt you are eligible for it.

To get the admission in any school affiliated with same or another board you must have all the essential documents for admission.

Candidate also have to qualify the minimum eligibility criteria to get the admission in the respective school.

The required documents are :-

ID Proof ( Aadhar Card ).

Marksheet ( last academic year ).

Birth Certificate.

Transfer Certificate.

So, if you have all these documents you can apply for admission in the school. For admission procedure visit to respective school.
7th November 2017, 04:40 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can change board from CBSE to ICSE in 6th standard. The procedure you need follow is mentioned below.

You need to submit few documents in the new school. They are:
- Migration certificate
- NOC from the CBSE school
- Previous years score card
- Transfer certificate
- Character certificate

You need to apply for ICSE board school and fill the application form and submit all the documents. If you fulfill their eligibility requirements then you can get admission in ICSE board school.
7th November 2017, 08:20 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: Procedure to shift from CBSE to ICSE board in 6th standard?

Definitely one can change the board in 6th standard from CBSE to ICSE. You simply have to visit in any school which is affiliated by State Board or ICSE and present following documents for admission:

Migration Certificate

Proof of Date of Birth

Passport Size Photographs

Marksheet of previous class.

After submitting the above documents and fees, you can start your classes.
7th November 2017, 09:44 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To shift your son from CBSE to ICSE Board for pursuing 6th standard, you should have to obtain the 5th standard marks sheet, Transfer certificate, Bonafide certificate, etc., from new school and you have to submit it in new school where you wish to take admission for your son in 6th standard. After successful completion of the admission process, your son will be offered admission for pursuing 6th standard in the new school.
19th January 2020, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to shift from cbse to icse board in 8 standard
20th February 2020, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

My Son is 3 years old , I am from Kolkata , West Bengal , Can any one help me to understand which board should be consider for Advance Depth Learning for future ready of my son. In West Bengal , Actually want to know the learning system / syllabus of the board.
24th April 2020, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Can my daughter change from CBSE to ICSE in 9th standard ... will be there any difficulty in classes
17th July 2020, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

While changing school from CBSE to ICSE, do I require to get the TC countersigned by the regional CBSE board? In that case what is the procedure? On the other hand there is a circular from CBSE (http://cbse.nic.in/newsite/attach/COUNTERSIGN-20.pdf) that says no-countersign is required while changing the school. However, the ICSE school is denying that order stating that is is valid while a student changes school under same CBSE board. Please help.
9th December 2020, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to shift 8th standard cbse to 9th standard icse
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?