6th October 2012, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

Required Qualification to appear for TET Exam?

whats the qualification for tet exam

7th October 2012, 01:47 AM
bhaskar51

Default Re: Required Qualification to appear for TET Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Teacher Eligibility Test known as TET is an Indian elgibility test for teachers. The test is conducted by both Central government and State governments in India. The test is conducted in order fulfill the achieve

History

TET was introduced by the Government of India in order to improve standards in teaching. It was held for the first time in 2011. For teachers already working, they are supposed to clear the exam in two years time.

The Test

All graduates including B.A, B.Sc, B.Com etc. are eligible to take the test. All B. Ed. graduates need to pass this exam to work as a teacher. A candidate has to score over 60 per cent to clear the eligibility test
The National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) will maintain a database.
7th October 2012, 08:14 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

TET stands for the Teachers Eligibility Test. This test is conducted on the state level to recruit teachers for state govenment funded schools. Generally each state conducts Teachers Eligibility Test. On the basis of this exam the teachers are selected for the government schools. However, states that do not conducts their own Teachers Eligibility Test rely on the CTET results to hire teachers.

Earlier a B.Ed degree used to be enough to get selected as teacher in government school. However things changed as a survey pointed out poor educational standards in the government schools across the country. Under fire, Ministry of Human Resources and Development Resources introduced Teachers Eligibility Test and made it mandatory for each state to conduct the test to recruit the teachers.

There are two types of TET exam. First is the state TET which each state conducts separately. On the other hand there is CTET which is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education on the behalf of the Ministry of Human Resources and Development.

Eligibility

1) You must be of Indian origin.

2) A graduation degree from a recognized university.

3) A B.Ed degree is also mandatory.

4) At least 50 percent marks.

5) There is no age limit to appear for the exam.

Please note that in order to pass the Teachers Eligibility Test you will have to score at least 60 percent marks. Candidates belonging to SC/ST would need 55 percent marks to clear the exam.
7th October 2012, 12:45 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

TET stands for Teachers Eligibility Test.

This exam is conducted by each state separately to recruit teachers in state government funded schools for the Class I to Class VIII.

The test has been made mandatory by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development few years back to raise the standard of education in government schools.

Eligibility

>> The candidate should be Indian citizen.

>> A graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

>> A B.Ed degree with at least 55 percent marks.

>> There is no age limit.

The fee and other requirements varies from state to state. Had you been more specific about the state, I would have been able to help you better.

Anyway generally the Fee pattern is as following:

General - Rs 500/-

SC/ST/OBC - Rs 250/-

7th October 2012, 12:59 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

**Qualifying in a Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) is now mandatory for all existing and aspiring primary and middle school teachers in the country, with the passing of the Right To Education Act.

**The National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE) has published the guidelines for conducting the TET, providing complete details about rationale for the test, eligibility to take the test, the structure and syllabus for the test, the type of questions that would be asked and the marks required to qualify as a teacher.

Eligibility:

**To be eligible to take the CTET or any other TET conducted by the states.

**one has to have a degree in education (B.Ed or D. Ed) or be on the verge of completing a degree in the year of taking the test.

**Teachers will need to take the TET within a period of 5 years from the time the TET is first notified.

**This kind of a qualifying test can help improve the quality of teachers right from the recruitment stage.

**TET Conducted by the NCTE
Minimum Qualification for a person to be eligible for appointmetnt as a teacher is as under:

**The rationale for including the TET as a minimum qualification for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher is as under:

**It would bring national standards and benchmark of teacher quality in the recruitment process.

**It would induce teacher education institutions and students from these institutions to further improve their performance standards.

**It would send a positive signal to all stakeholders that the Government lays special emphasis on teacher quality.

Selection Process:

regards.....santhosh...........
7th October 2012, 07:03 PM
sudha001

Hello Friend ,

Teacher Eligibility Test known as TET is an Indian eligibility test for teachers. The test is conducted by both Central government and State governments in India. The test is conducted in order fulfill the achieve Right to education goals.

Eligibilty Criteria :- For Class (1-5)

Senior Secondary or equvalent with at least with 50 % marks and passed or appearing in final 2 yrs. Diploma in Elimentary education.
OR
Senior Secondary or equvalent with at least with 50 % marks and passed or appearing
in final 4 yrs . Diploma in elimentary Education ( B.EI.ED)

Min.Qualification For ( Classes 6-8)

B.A/B.SC and passed or appearing in final 2 years Diploma in elimentary
Eduaction .
OR
BA/B.SC with at least 50 % marks and passed or appearing in 1 yr. Bachelor in Education
OR
Senior Secondary or Equvalent with at least 50 % marks and passed or appearing in Final 4 yrs. BA/B.SC.ED or BA(ED)/B.SC(ED).

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION YOU CAN VISIT THE OFFICIAL PAGE AS WELL .

All The Best ...
8th October 2012, 01:19 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

TET Eligibility :

The candidates must be complete degree with B.Ed course from a recognized university or D.Ed course
55% aggregate in B.Ed Degree level
The candidates must be eligible to CTET or TET conducted by state

Exam Pattern :

APTET Consists of two objective type question papers
Each paper consist of 150 Questions & each question carrying one Mark

Paper I : Duration 11/2hrs

Child Development & Pedagogy
Language I
Language II
Mathematics
Environmental Studies

Each section carrying 30 questions

Paper II : Duration 11/2 hrs

Child Development & Pedagogy
Language I
Language II
For Mathematics & Science Teacher : Maths & Science
For Social Studies / Social Science Teacher : Social Science
For any other teacher

8th October 2012, 05:20 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

TET Eligibility:

The candidate should complete the B.Ed course to eligible for TET exam.

The candidate should complete the D.Ed with 55% of marks aggregate from B.Ed course.

The TET exam conducted by the who eligible for the D.sc. Exam. The qualifier of the TET exam that candidate eligible to write the D.sc. Exam.

This is the total process of the TET.

I am attaching the file of the selection process of TET.

All the best.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SSA-Chandigarh.jpg
Views:	1912
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	119521  
8th October 2012, 06:43 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test.
TET exam is conducted at state level by various state boards.
In order to appear in TET exam you should have to complete your graduation from a recognized university and you must have B.Ed degree.
There is no upper age limit for this exam. Also there is no limit for no. of attempts.
You have to score minimum 60 percent in the TET test to qualify for teaching jobs.
Exam pattern -:
There are two papers with objective type questions. Each paper consist of 150 questions.These papers are for-
>> Paper I: those who want to become teachers for classes I-V.
>> Paper II: those who want to teach classes between VI and VIII.
>> Paper I and II: For those who are interested in teaching from Class I to VIII will have to appear and qualify in both the papers.
Best of luck.........
13th December 2012, 02:27 PM
shanishah207

hello everyone m sunny from gorakhpur up i have done B.com with 49.33% mark,inter 60% and high school 42.16 & Pursuing M.COM 1st year2013,m belong SC category. so m able to do B.ED and TET Exam and Can i select For the primary teacher.............please reply me
13th December 2012, 02:30 PM
shanishah207

Red face Re: suggestion

hello everyone m sunny from gorakhpur up i have done B.com with 49.33% mark,inter 60% and high school 42.16 & Pursuing M.COM 1st year2013,m belong SC category. so m able to do B.ED and TET Exam and Can i select For the primary teacher.............please reply me
16th April 2013, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

can B.A. pass candidates apply for T.E.T.
26th April 2013, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

if anybody not qualify b.e.d. if he have the degree of post graduation.can he apply for TET entrance? please reply me.
6th May 2013, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

I have a masters degree . Can i apply for government jobs in teaching line? Is b.ed essential for appling in this field? reply plz
31st May 2013, 10:31 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
TET ( Teacher Eligibility Test ) and this Examination is conducted for the purpose of get Teacher Job in Government Schools . TET exam is conducted at state level by various state boards.

So, the candidate who aspiring to get Government then It's necessary that the candidate should Crack the TET Examination with good percentage of marks.

To appear in this TET Examination than you should complete your graduation (or) Equivalent Course in any discipline from a recognized university and It's Compulsory than you must hold B.Ed degree course from recognized University ..

Note ::

There is no upper age limit for this TET Examination and Also there is no limit restrication for Number of attempts.

The Examination is based on objective type questions with Multiple Choice and the Examination Each paper consist of 150 questions.

# Child development and pedagogy
# Language I
# Language II
# Mathematics
# Environmental studies

Books for TET Examination ::

~~ WBSSC - TET Challenger, Competitive Exam by Dr. Susanta Kumar Sahoo
Publisher: Chhaya Prakashani Pvt. Ltd.
Rs. 176

~~ Assam TET for Secondary Education Part I and II Exam Guide by RPH Editorial Board
Rs. 304 (5% Off)

~~ Madhya Pradesh TET Samvida Shala Shikshak Exam Guide by RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
Rs. 240
3rd August 2013, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

I am b.tech 4 year.
can I wtite tet exam?
12th August 2013, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

can a B.E graduate appear for TET exam?
4th September 2013, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

What is the educational qualification required to appear for lower primary tet exam conducted by the Assam board
5th September 2013, 08:10 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear........

TET exam Required eligibility criteria are as follows.........

>>>For teacher of Class I to V : All the candidates willing to apply for Tamil Nadu TET for Primary Teacher must have Higher Secondary/12th Class (10+2) pattern and D.Ted (Diploma in Teachers Training) / DIET from any recognized

>>>Board/Institutions. For Teacher of Class VI to VIII : Must posses the Bachelor's Degree under 10+2+3 pattern and have B.Ed degree from any recognized Board/ University.

>>>A person who has acquired the academic and professional qualifications specified in the NCTE Notification dated 23rd August 2010.

>>>A person who is pursuing any of the teacher education courses (recognized by the NCTE or the RCI, as the case may be) specified in the NCTE Notification dated 23rd August 2010.

>>>The eligibility condition for appearing in TET may be relaxed in respect of a State/UT which has been granted relaxation under sub-section (2) of section 23 of the RTE Act. The relaxation will be specified in the Notification issued by the Central Government under that sub-section

Important Dates::

Starting Date of Online Applications: 17th June, 2013

Last Date of Submit online Applications: 1st July, 2013

Exam Dates:

17th August, 2013 Paper -I 10:00 AM-01:00 PM

18th August , 2013 Paper - II 10:00 AM-01:00 PM

For more details visit website...
http://www.trb.tn.nic.in

Good luck.....................
5th September 2013, 01:01 PM
ece304
Member+

TET means Teacher Eligibity Test

>>All graduates including B.A, B.Sc, B.Com etc. are eligible to take the test.

>> All B. Ed. graduates need to pass this exam to work as a teacher.

>>A candidate has to score over 60 per cent to clear the eligibility test
2nd April 2015, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I ve done BCOM from UP now I m married in Uttrakhand I didn't did BED.Is it mandatory to do BED for TET
28th June 2015, 05:38 AM
Unregistered

I am graduted And I have also done Dip in company law banking and Insurance.can I appear in TET exam??
30th August 2015, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I completed b.ed but I have 44.96 percent in graduation.Am I eligible for tet.
9th January 2016, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

DOES B.ED DEGREE ALSO COMPULSORY.CANDIDATE HAVING GRADUATION DEGREE LIKE B.COM CAN APPLY FOR TET EXAMINATION.
8th February 2016, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

sir, I have passed intermediate with pcm group but postgraduation with education subject and bed also have done. can I apply uptet paper 2 for math &science teacher.
8th April 2016, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Sir I passed my 10th with 45%mark and 12th with 43% marks I completed my graduation with 47%mark ,I complete 2years NTT diploma with 75% marks. Sir ,can I apply for TET entrance exam.
14th August 2016, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

sir I have passed my graduation with 47 percent in major subject and 50 percent in general subject can I apply for tet examination
15th August 2016, 07:37 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

TET stands for the Teachers Eligibility Test.

Eligibility Criteria
Candidate should be Indian citizen.
Candidates should have graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.
Candidates should have B.Ed degree with 55% marks.
17th January 2017, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Sir I passed my 10th with 73% or 12th with 68%, I completed my graduation with 56%. Now my post graduate is running. Can I apply for tet examination
13th February 2017, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

I am Geetha I completed M.A M.Phil with economics major am I eligible for under exam
5th March 2017, 05:15 AM
Unregistered

Sir,I'm bsc biochemistry .But can I attend the tet exam ? My departmentis not oriented for school syllabus.so that I asking some doubt sir .. Thinking you .
8th March 2017, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 10th, and PIC in Bangalore which is equal to 12 th. Will it be a problem for appearing in tet?
23rd May 2017, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

I have completed 10th,12th in matriculation syllabus, then I finished my B.com in Madras University .so did I eligible to write the TEST exam please reply me sir. Also tell me what to do next please. Thank you
4th August 2018, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

Sir I completed B.sc chemistry and M.AEconomics also ,can l stady B Ed to TET exam
16th February 2019, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Actually I have done my B. Ed after my Master.. Bachelor degree percentage was low for B. Ed so can I apply TET with my Master
4th June 2019, 08:06 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am B.A B.ed(S T) but my H.S and B.A percentage is below4 5%, am i eligible for Assam TET 2019?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?