16th October 2011, 02:29 AM
Jasmeet Pal Singh Ishar

Required syllabus to prepare for IAS?

tell me the syllabus of indian academic services.
i want to join IAS.

16th October 2011, 11:56 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required syllabus to prepare for IAS?

I am unable to provide you the exact syllabus for IAS Exam because I am not aware of the optional subjects that you are going to choose for IAS Exam. For IAS, one has to go through civil services examination.

This exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). Here is the selection procedure to become IAS.

-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

Soon after the completion of Interview, a candidate will be given admission to join any of the civil services like
-IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
-IPS (Indian Police Service)
-IRS (Indian Revenue Service)

You did not mention your highest level of academic qualification. In order to be eligible for IAS Exam, you should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

In addition you should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam. You will get relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years if you are a candidate of OBC category and upto 5 years if you are a candidate of SC/ST category.

Choose the optional subjects that best suits you and then know the syllabus for those subjects and start preparing for the exam. Optional subjects will be for Main Examination. Befor that you need to crack CSAT Exam. Make a note of it.

Here is the official website of UPSC. You can visit this website for more information on civil services exam.

upsc.gov.in
15th December 2011, 02:19 PM
tariqlko01

Default Re: Required syllabus to prepare for IAS?

The full syllabus and all the other useful information can be seen at website:

www.onestopias.com

No need to do anything else just go to this site and get all the IAS related information.
GOOD LUCK.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?