23rd December 2011, 06:40 PM
mayankmishra007

Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?

I am mechanical engineering student ,I want to become ias could anybody give review about pre,mains +subject that should i choose (i have good command over thermodynamics)
and + language of giving answers

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects I can choose for IAS Preliminary Exam and Main Exam having completed BE in ECE?
  2. Which subjects I can choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  3. Optional subjects in the IAS preliminary exam -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  5. Which stream would be easy after 12th to become an IPS officer?
  6. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Preliminary and Main Exam being a candidate having completed Graduation in Architecture?
  7. Which UPSC optional subject is best for me? I have B.Com degree from DU
  8. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  9. What subject should I take for graduation for becoming IAS when I study in IGCSE board? -- [New]
  10. Can I opt for Physics and Mechanical Engineering for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. What are the main terms for IAS?
  12. Which optional subjects should Mechanical Engineering students choose?
  13. Information regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which Optional subjects should I choose for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?
  14. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  15. Which subjects should an Electrical Engineer choose for IAS exam? Will electrical engineering and zoology be helpful for me as mains paper?
  16. Detailed information regarding IAS Exam?
  17. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  18. Which subject should I choose for IAS? I am doing my Mechanical Engineering
2nd January 2013, 07:32 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Default Re: Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?

Hi, for the main exam you have a choice of choosing your subjects. If you're good with your mechanical subjects then you can select mechanical engineering as your subject for the mains.
And for the prelims exam, there are two papers, paper 1 and 2.
In paper 1-history , geography, Indian polity, current affairs, and economics are asked and in paper 2 basic mathematics and English skills are asked
Gud luck
2nd January 2013, 07:34 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Default Re: Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?

Hi, for the main exam you have a choice of choosing your subjects. If you're good with your mechanical subjects then you can select mechanical engineering as your subject for the mains.
And for the prelims exam, there are two papers, paper 1 and 2.
In paper 1-history , geography, Indian polity, current affairs, and economics are asked and in paper 2 basic mathematics and English skills are asked
Gud luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?