27th December 2017, 10:29 AM
Chhaviwadhawan

Scope of joining PhD after scoring only the passing marks in M.Sc

I passed my B.Sc with 51% and just passed my M.Sc. with passing score. Am I eligible for PhD in Mathematics?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any scope if I do PhD in Bioinformatics from India? Procedure and mark required for admission in Abroad? Can I get scholarship?
  2. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after passing M.Sc in Mathematics with 49%? Is it possible to do M.Sc again to score good marks?
  3. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Joining as JRF to do PhD
  5. After M.Sc is there any scope to do PhD from IIT? Information about leading institutes in India where PhD can be done?
  6. What is the scope of MSc chemistry after scoring 46% marks? I want to do MSc Chemistry
  7. Can I apply to study PhD in Management being a MBA(Finance) postgraduate? Requirements to apply?
  8. Should I go for Ph.D after doing MSc in Industrial Microbiology? What will be the salary? Opportunities after joining the industries?
  9. How to do Ph.d in Chemistry after scoring 54% marks in MSc Organic Chemistry?
  10. What are the options after MSc in Zoology to do Ph.D?
  11. Can I pursue PhD after completing M.Com scoring 48% marks from Mumbai University? What is the procedure to apply for PhD?
  12. Can I study PhD in Physics at IIT being a M.Sc 1st year student? List of institutes which offer PhD in Physics program in India?
  13. Institutes offering M.Phil in Biochemistry?
  14. What is the scope of doing Ph.D in Germany after doing M.Sc Biochemistry?
  15. Is M.Phil mandatory before PhD?
  16. Duration, fee structure and top college in India offering admission in M.Sc Physiology? What is the scope of M.Sc Physiology in abroad? Can I get admission in Ph.D after M.Sc?
  17. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  18. How can I become a Pilot after completing 12th in science
30th December 2017, 07:46 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of joining PhD after scoring only the passing marks in M.Sc

The chances of getting admission in PhD are less because most of the universities require the percentage 50% or above. There are few universities which give admission through entrance exam but for applying to the exams the minimum percentage required is 55%. So, you are not eligible for applying to the entrance exam.

You cannot get admission for PhD in mathematics with the pass marks in M.Sc.
30th December 2017, 09:04 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

PhD stands for Doctor of Philosophy. The percentage required to pursue PhD course varies from university to university. The general requirements is that candidate must have obtained at least 60% marks in bachelor's and master's degree.

As per general criteria, you are not eligible for PhD course in Mathematics. But you can visit the college or university in which you are interested for exact details.
30th December 2017, 01:42 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Ph.D is two year Directorate course and to get admission in most of the universities candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance test.

The basic eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have completed master degree with minimum 60% or 6.75 CGPA on 10 point scale

So, if you have just scored passing score then you are not eligible to appear in entrance test for admission in course.
30th December 2017, 03:53 PM
NeptuneSpear

As far as your eligibility is concerned obviously you are eligible for PhD courses but not in good colleges. As most of the IITs and good colleges allow students with minimum 60% of marks in graduation and post graduation.
31st December 2017, 01:35 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue Ph.D but first of all you have to clear entrance exam.
If you fail to clear entrance examination then you are not eligible to pursue Ph.D.
You can pursue Ph.D in any subject but you want to opt Mathematics then also you are allowed. But one thing you should keep in mind that the minimum aggregate marks you have is 45 percent. If you are under reserved category then marks relaxation should be upto 40 percent.
31st December 2017, 01:39 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue PhD in mathematics if you scored at least 45% aggregate in M.Sc. Otherwise you will not be eligible for this.

And this percentage required for those students who are from General Category. If some one from reserved category want to pursue PhD then the required percentage in M.Sc will be 40%.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?