18th October 2017, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Is second language important in deciding your percentage in class 10th standard?

I am studying in class 10th and I score pretty well in all of my subjects, except second language (My second language is Kannada). I get pretty low scores in Kannada so I am wondering in determining whether you get to join a college in science stream (class XI) is second language really that necessary?

19th October 2017, 06:15 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is second language important in deciding your percentage in class 10th standard?

The percentage calculation is different for every board. For example in CBSE the main subjects are considered and calculated for percentage and for every subject they’ll give points. So, based on the board the percentage calculation is done differently.

For getting admission into 11th class, they’ll consider the main subjects marks and performance in the main subjects but not the language subjects.

While applying for entrance exam and cut off marks are also decided by considering the main subject marks.

So, for calculation the languages will be considered based on the board but for admission the main subject will play a major role.
20th October 2017, 06:20 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is second language important in deciding your percentage in class 10th standard?

If your overall percentage is more than 60% then there are more chance to get science stream in class XI and XII in any board.
In class XI you will get choice of second language with computer application .Make sure that you need to perform better in secondary language in next class.
15th December 2021, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

I am CBSE. I am terrible at Hindi., I need help.I have board exams next year, and I don't want my overall percentage to decrease. I want to be a BiPC student in 11th grade help pls. What should I do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?