11th July 2011, 10:42 PM
sudhir!

Selection procedure for NTPC exam?

what is the selection procedure for NTPC exam........i am an ECE student.....please help me out!!

12th July 2011, 04:54 AM
deepraj535

Default Re: Selection procedure for NTPC exam?

hello friend,
If you are a student of iits or nits then you may hve these company visiting your college.
Placement Procedure: ONLY Interview. A six member panel comprising two HR's, three technical persons and the Chairman of the team conducted interviews of each candidate for about 10-12 minutes. As told by H.R's, NIT Srinagar is the only NIT where only interviews are held (this system is of course followed in all IIT's). In other NIT's they take a written test, followed by GD and then the Interview.
Even if if you re not studying in these prestigious institutions you can appear for GATE exam based on that marks you will be called for interview directly or a written exam.If everything goes good you will be selected.
good luck
12th July 2011, 08:04 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

NTPC In Brief !!

NTPC i.e National Thermal Power Corporation Limited conducts Exam Every year.

Test pattern:-
It consists of 2 papers i.e Technical and Aptitude .

In Technical there will be 120 questions and 50 questions in Aptitude.

Exam Duration:- 2 Hrs.

Negative Marking ?? Yes it do have i.e 1/4 of marks will be deducted if you wrongly answer each Questions.

• Technical Test
    • It Consists of Electrical , Control & Instrumentation, Hr and Other (See the attachments For sub Topics.)
  • Aptitude Test
    • It consists of Antonyms, Synonyms , Word Analogy etc..

Technical Test Consists Of follwing Sub Topics(see Attachment)

Aptitude Test consists Of Following Sub Topics
  • Interpretation of graphs and tables, Numerical ability,Quantitative aptitude,Vocabulary,Verbal comprehension, Reasoning ability to determine data sufficiency, etc.
12th July 2011, 12:00 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir! View Post
what is the selection procedure for NTPC exam........i am an ECE student.....please help me out!!
NPTC i.e National Thermal Power Corporation Conducts the NPTC Examination Every year and they recruitment of Engineering Executive Trainee(EET),Executive Trainee(ET-HR)and Executive Trainee-Finance.

For EET,the candidate should not more than 27 yrs of age and those who have a Master degree are given two yrs Relaxation and the candidate should have a graduate degree in Engineering from a recognized university or equivalent qualification and the candidate must score at least 65% marks in the graduation.

For ET-HR & ET- Fin,the candidate should not be more than 29 yrs of age at the time of appearing and the candidate should have CA/ICWA are eligible to apply.Those int the final year of CA/ICWA may also eligible to apply.

NTPC Selection Procedure :-

NPTC selection process consist of a written test,Group Discussion as well as Interview.

Written Test Pattern :

The paper consist of two parts,part - I consist of 120 multiple choices questions of the relevant six disciplines : Electric,Civil,Control & Insuremental,Human Resources & Finance.

Part ii consist of 50 multiple choice questions on Aptitude test.
12th July 2011, 12:29 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

National Thermal Power Corporation Limited conducts Exam Every year to select various
students.

The exam consists of two papers one on Technical in which 120 questions are asked second is of Aptitude containing 50 questions . The Duration of exam is of 2 hours and there are some negative marking which is 1/4 of marks that question is of .

I have also attached some papers that may be useful for you to prepare for the exam.
Attached Files
File Type: docx ntpc 2007.docx(12.9 KB, 78 views)
File Type: docx ntpc 2008.docx(15.1 KB, 77 views)
File Type: docx ntpc papers.docx(17.2 KB, 72 views)
File Type: pdf NTPC Paper Bangalore.pdf(6.7 KB, 80 views)
File Type: pdf NTPC-Technical-Paper.pdf(15.3 KB, 102 views)
12th July 2011, 02:12 PM
aroy8091

Selection Process: Written Test, Group Discussion (GD) & Interview.

Date of NTPC Executive Trainees Written Examination: 17.04.2011 (Sunday).

NTPC Executive Trainees 2011 Exam Paper Pattern:

The All India Test is scheduled on 17.04.2011 (Sunday). The NTPC Executive Trainees test will be in Hindi or English. The NTPC Executive Trainees test will be in two parts. Negative Marking: 1/4th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.

Part-I will consist of multiple-choice questions of the relevant discipline.

Discipline: Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Control & Instrumentation, Finance

Part-II will consist of multiple-choice questions on Executive Aptitude

syllabus for the exam will be in www.CONTENTCARRY.com
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ET_el-syllabus.pdf(107.6 KB, 114 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?