30th May 2018, 01:25 AM
Zikra arfi

Should I appear in 12th Board exam from NIOS to study MBBS and become a Doctor?

Dear Sir, I am failed in 11th standard which I was doing with Biology stream. I want to become a Doctor so I want to study MBBS course. I would like to know that should I choose NIOS Board for giving 12th Board exam?

31st May 2018, 12:50 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I appear in 12th Board exam from NIOS to study MBBS and become a Doctor?

NIOS Board is also valid and has same value as other board. So no need to worry.
You are also eligible to pursue MBBS after passing intermediate from NIOS Board also.
31st May 2018, 01:06 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I appear in 12th Board exam from NIOS to study MBBS and become a Doctor?

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and the minimum education required is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

If you are interested to for NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ) for pursuing your Class 12th then you can certainly go for that because NIOS is a central board of education and hence the higher secondary school degree pursued from same board is accepted for MBBS admissions.
31st May 2018, 01:55 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to appear in NEET examination after pursuing 12th from NIOS board.

NIOS is a recognised board under MHRD. The certificate issued by board is valid and candidates are eligible to appear for various entrance examination.

Candidates after qualifying in NEET will become eligible to get admission in MBBS course in a recognised institute. NEET examination is conducted by CBSE every year.
31st May 2018, 02:00 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

When notification of 2018 was released, there were so much uproar that NIOS and private candidates can not apply for National Eligibility cum Eligibility Test. NEET is conducted by CBSE for admission in MBBS and BDS course.

Later on, after court's order, NIOS and private candidates were allowed to apply for NEET 2018. So, yes, 12th board passed candidates from NIOS can apply for NEET exam and get admission in MBBS course to become doctor.
31st May 2018, 02:13 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling.

** Yes, you should appear in 12th Board exam from NIOS to study MBBS and become a Doctor.

** For MBBS course candidate must have passed 12th class in Physics, Biology and Chemistry with 50%.

** The minimum age of candidate should be 17 years.

ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS

1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences

2. NEET

3. Manipal Pre Medical Test

4. Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test
31st May 2018, 03:44 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling.

It is a recognized board of India Government. NIOS candidates are eligible for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

You can apply for NEET exam, crack it with good rank to get admission in top medical colleges of India and become doctor after pursuing the course.

You must score minimum of 50% marks in board exam.
31st May 2018, 04:38 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed 12th from NIOS board are eligible to appear for NEET examination.

NIOS is a recognised board and affiliated with Ministry of Human Resources and Development.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

So, if you have done 12th in PCB and scored 50 percent then you are eligible to appear for examination. After qualifying in examination will become eligible to get admission in MBBS course.
31st May 2018, 06:04 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling.

NIOS is a recognized board for all higher studies course. Senior secondary passed candidates from NIOS can apply for MBBS course.

Admission to MBBS course is done on basis of rank in NEET exam. 2019 NEET notification will be released in December, 2018.
31st May 2018, 06:17 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. It is affiliated with Ministry of HRD.

So, you are eligible to appear for NEET entrance examination. NEET is conducted by CBSE. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB with minimum 50 percent.

The age limit is 17-25 years.

So, you must start preparation for examination and qualification to get admission.
31st May 2018, 06:47 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you will complete your 12th from NIOS board then you are eligible to appear in NEET examination.

National Eligibility Cum Entrance Examination is conducted for admission in medical courses is government and private colleges.

So, you must start preparation to qualify in NEET examination. As candidates only after qualifying in NEET will become eligible to get admission in MBBS course.

MBBS is five year duration course.
2nd June 2018, 05:51 PM
stutiswet2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zikra arfi View Post
Dear Sir, I am failed in 11th standard which I was doing with Biology stream. I want to become a Doctor so I want to study MBBS course. I would like to know that should I choose NIOS Board for giving 12th Board exam?
Yes, you can opt for NIOS Board for studying 12th standard. In your question, you mentioned that you were failed in 11th standard. So, first you should qualify your 11th standard, then you will get admission in 12th standard of NIOS Board.
You can repeat your 11th from NIOS Board also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?