23rd July 2011, 04:45 PM
JANRA

Should I focus in software or in core companies if I am a ECE engineer? How to prepare to get into core companies?

hello sir,
In which side i can focus my job carrier either in software or in core companies?if it is a core companies then how should i get prepared and also plz tell me the list of ece oriented companies

2nd August 2011, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I focus in software or in core companies if I am a ECE engineer? How to prepare to get into core companies?

what is the future/scope for ME mechanical engineering ?
is ME gratuates can only get into a teaching profession ?
how will be the opportunity for them in a company recruitment?
19th August 2011, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I focus in software or in core companies if I am a ECE engineer? How to prepare to get into core companies?

list the computer or any other additional courses do i want to prepare in my ece engineering?
8th September 2011, 10:36 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

If you are interested in the software then you can see the software company
but if you are not so good in c-language,java. then you should not give much time for the IT companies.
there are lots core jobs for the ECE students other then software jobs like
JINDAL
MONNET
AIRTEL
BSNL
MTNL
RELIENCE
AIRCEL
IDEA
VODAFONE
etc
you can also start preparing for the psu's like
ONGC
BHEL
BEL
SAIL
GAIL
HAL
HEL
Ok all the best.
16th September 2011, 12:29 AM
belide
Senior Member+++

if you are interested go for IT companies you should be good in your technical subjects if you want to get in to core companies.
20th September 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

im a final year BE student,electronics&communication branch.,my chances of getting eligibility for the campuses that are visiting our college is least since my so far aggr is 55%,i will be pleased to know the names of the company who can trust on me and give me a job..
21st September 2011, 01:42 AM
saugata2008

As an ECE Engineer you can go for both software and core sectors .Now it is up to you ,in which field you are interested .
If you want to go for core field then you have to make a good grip on the subjects like -
VLSI
Microprocessor
Analog Electronics
Analog and Digital communication
Digital electronics
Follow the text books thoroughly and make clear concepts on those subjects .

If you want to go for Software field then you have to make a good grip on -
C
C++
Data sructure
DBMS
Networking

Thank you
19th October 2011, 11:03 PM
shahraksh3

Smile Re: Should I focus in software or in core companies if I am a ECE engineer? How to prepare to get into core companies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANRA View Post
hello sir,
In which side i can focus my job carrier either in software or in core companies?if it is a core companies then how should i get prepared and also plz tell me the list of ece oriented companies
You should focus your career in the field in which you have more interest which can be core or I.T[software]. If you want to opt for core then you must be clear with all your basics .You should have a good theoretical as well as practical knowledge.
ece oriented top core companies are as follows
1] siemens
2] BHEL
3] sail
4] L & T
5] Godrej and Boyce
6] Tata steels
7] Bajaj
8] G.Electricals
9] Texas instruments
20th October 2011, 02:12 AM
goutambiswas87

dear friend,
You have two options in your hand either software or core companies.now you see which sector gives you better comfort with less effort.the choice is totally depends upon you.
otherwise you can apply govt.sector also like GAIL,SAIL,ONGC,etc.

all the best...
22nd October 2011, 02:29 AM
shubham_sh

The first and foremost thing is that, students from the ECE branch have very limited & vast scope as well at the same time.

i would like to assert my statement from the following example,
First thing is that the students in the EC Branch has vast opportunities if they get placed up in some company which has its relation to the Electronics and communication, because this sector is among one of those sector which is growing as an Eminence rate, not only in our country but also in countries that are developing at a tremendous rate.

The other side is that the companies that are coming for the recruitment in this field are very low as compared to computer science and Information Technology sector.

The third thing is that if you are not placed in any of the core ECE companies, or your damm college in unable to invite ECE industries then get yourself placed, then there is no use to just sit and wait for any ECE companies to come and Recruit students then dont waste your value-able time and start sitting in some software companies, and get our self recruited yourself in some software company.
24th October 2011, 02:08 AM
Unregistered

how to prepare for getting placement in core companies in ece field from second year? i want to prepare from now itself? how to get guidance? wat a student had to improve for that?
25th October 2011, 01:24 AM
shubham_sh

Cool Re: Should I focus in software or in core companies if I am a ECE engineer? How to prepare to get into core companies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how to prepare for getting placement in core companies in ece field from second year? i want to prepare from now itself? how to get guidance? wat a student had to improve for that?
their are three things to be kept in mind
1>written test
which isn't arduous task because they ask only aptitude
so no especial preparation for that

2> Group discussion
one can prepare for the group discussion as well,
try to gather your friends and start a talk causally on some topic to master your GD skills

3> Personal interview

just stick to your basics, and try to inculcate the basic knowledge, because in your interview they won't be asking you questions about very hi-fi things, nor they'll be asking question related to rocket science or something like that,

what people ask in interview is that basic knowledge that give sense.
try to focus on those subjects which are prominently being asked in GATE n all,
and prepare your basic.
that will guide you all the way !@
8th December 2011, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

How should i prepare for WIPRO to get select?
14th December 2011, 11:43 PM
susmitarani sethi
Member+

but if you are not so good in c-language,java. then you should not give much time for the IT companies.
JINDAL
MONNET
AIRTEL
BSNL
MTNL
RELIENCE
AIRCEL
IDEA
VODAFONE
etc
ONGC
BHEL
BEL
SAIL
GAIL
HAL
HEL
Ok all the best.
20th December 2011, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

I am in my 3rd year B.Tech.I have doubt regarding my higher studies,Should I do Job and then write CAT exam to get seat in IIM's are should I write CAT exam during my 4th year.I am confused a lot regarding this,Can some one please help me out?
20th January 2012, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

will core company recruit freshers?
20th January 2012, 07:33 PM
yuvrajraj82

you are electronics and communication engineer..so you can go in both
either in software or in core companies.
you can easily get jobs in software companies like
tcs
wipro
hcl
polaris
for core companies you have to appear at gate examination.
if not then you have to give written exam for corresponding companies
siemens
tcs
bhel
tcts
30th January 2012, 05:20 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

The procedure to become a software engineer can be described as followed:
Firstly you have to complete your 10th standard from a recognized board.After completing your higher secondary you would be required to select a stream.
At that time you have to select science maths as your stream.Or in other words you have to select science as your discipline with mathematics as your
main subject.
After that you have to appear for various engineering entrance examinations for example IIT JEE, AIEEE, etc.
But now the concerned authority have converted them into a single examination so you have to appear for that entrance examination to
get admission in a good engineering college.

After that on the basis of marks obtained by you , you would be allotted a college and then you have to study in that college.
After one or two years of the course you would be asked to select your specialization for example mechanical engineering, civil engineering, software engineering, etc.
You would be required to choose software engineering and then you can move into your dream profession.
23rd May 2012, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

I m a ece student. i want to know whether clearing gate exam will help me in selection in core companies?
5th June 2012, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

being a ece student on which topics the student should be well prepared to attend the interviews
5th June 2012, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

I'm an ECE 2nd year student.I want a job in core Companies especially in government sector.I don't know what to do inorder to get a job.I mean I don't know if I have to write a test to get job,I'm a girl so I don't know whether those available jobs are open to women as well and also how to prepare for those interviews or tests.On what subjects do I concentrate?I don't know the list of companies.So please tell me what I should do to get a job in government sector core companies
14th June 2012, 08:09 AM
Unregistered

I dont know anything about subject knowledge.....

What i do for select core company?
14th June 2012, 08:22 PM
rockstarrocks

Hi dear,

JINDAL
MONNET
AIRTEL
BSNL
MTNL
RELIENCE
AIRCEL
IDEA
VODAFONE
etc
ONGC
BHEL
BEL
SAIL
GAIL
HAL
HEL
Thanks
24th June 2012, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

i just want to know how to prepare for gate exams? and what book i have to prefer ? and related to tat i have 1 more doubt in my clg core companies will not come so thay we can directly approach core companies ah?
7th July 2012, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

I am a 2nd year ECE student..what should i do to get placed in a good company?whether it may be a core or an IT company..I don think so that our college provides proper education in both the streams and also the core companies that are coming for recruitment are also minimum..How should i make myself trained from now itself?what should i do to go for off-campus interviews?please suggest me..
18th July 2012, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

I realy got lot knowledge here..
thanx
16th August 2012, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

should i complete java r any other course to get placed in IT sector
27th September 2012, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

in the core companies engineering applying for what post
2nd February 2013, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

to get placed in good core company ,what cgpa i need
26th February 2013, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

hai sir i hav 82% till 3-2 i am 4-2 now,nd i need to place in core companies,i am from ece branch,plz suggest me how to prepare to get placed in core companies,nd also list of best companies where i can apply for job.....
22nd March 2013, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I hav done my Btech(ECE) in 2012 and i want 2 join in core companies i got 58% in Btech and please any one suggest me what are the courses should to be learn to get the job and by learning that i want to get the job as early as posible. and i want to know the link of private companies who hire for freshers and i want to get the experience.
27th March 2013, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

i am a ece student and i want to placed in core companies..so,if i placed in core company which skill's i want do develop...and any extra courses want to be study....nw itself?please give some suggestion...
16th April 2013, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Hi..i completed Btech in ECE in 2010. I am working as a software engineer now with an experience of almost 3 years. Now i want to try for core jobs or M.Tech by attending GATE. Can any one please suggest me what shall i do now?
23rd April 2013, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Wat are the big core companies in bangalore
27th April 2013, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

hello sir

my self ronak korat i have complite in mm be ec ..i have 1 year exp in embedded systemright now i have need job so pls help me any vacanvy in my releted profile
skil : c. c .linux.micro controller.rtos
27th May 2013, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,am doind 2nd year.which skills i want to develope to work in the core company?...any extra talent i need uh??
28th May 2013, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir/madam
My name is anu, I have completed my B.Tech in 2013, now I want to join in a core company. But the problem is I am in a full confusion what to do and what to not. Please help me by suggesting....
Thank you!
4th June 2013, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir/madam
I have completed my B.E ECE in 2013. My basic need is money so in which field i can earn money soon.. IT or CORE please help me.

Regards
preethi
17th October 2013, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANRA View Post
hello sir,
I am a core company in trichy
21st December 2013, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

I'm an ECE 2nd year student.I want a job in core Companies especially in government sector. And cgpa how much require. I don't know what to do inorder to get a job.I mean I don't know if I have to write a test to get job,I'm a girl so I don't know whether those available jobs are open to women as well and also how to prepare for those interviews or tests.On what subjects do I concentrate?I don't know the list of companies.So please tell me what I should do to get a job in government sector core companies
30th December 2013, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

i am a diploma ECE student . how can i get placed in core companies? how to prepare for that?
4th March 2014, 07:58 AM
Unregistered

I am an ECE 3rd year student and nw i studied java bt i want to go for core companies whether this java will help me to get a job in core company?
24th March 2014, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

i am an ECE fresher and am good in SIGNAL AND SYSTEMS,DIGITAL ELECTRONICS,CONTROL SYSTEM,DIGITAL COMMMUNICATIONS SO please can u tell me the private companies for which i can apply?
13th May 2014, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

i am an ece student and i am good in speking english as well.i have scored 65% overall in my graduation.is it possible for me to get placed in a core company?
18th June 2014, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/ madam,
I'm Jeba... Am dng final year ECE. My basic need is money so in which field I can earn money soon whether IT or Core...
28th September 2014, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

I am persuading my 3rd year B.E. in ECE in Pondicherry university.if I get good score in GATE exam.what are all the benefits
16th December 2014, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Hai sir,
i am an ECE 3rd year.i want a job in core company (especially government job) how to prepare for that?
1st February 2015, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Im doing 2nd year M.E in ECE.I want to get a job in core companies.shall i have a chance to place in companies....
11th March 2015, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

I had completed my b.tech in ece and present doing m.tech and I want to do core job so please tell me how to prepare for it..
25th March 2015, 11:27 AM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

You can get job at both the sides but you should follow your passion.
If you want to take job in software field then it is very good to command on java and with it you have to command on c ,c++ etc

Except this you have to do the D.B.M.S course that is data base management system and .net course and by giving interview you can get job in software core companies like tata consultancy , wipro , infosys these are the companies which take the students of computers oftenly but if your interest is in software than no matter you are from ece you can join these companies

Some ECE companies which can be preferred
The top companies of ECE
Public sector
BHEL
BEL
ONGC
NTPC
ISRO
DRDO
BSNL
MTNL
Indian Railway

Private sector
Accenture
Samsung
Videocon
Nokia
Idea
Mediatech
Airtel
Infosys
Philips
Sony
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?