25th January 2012, 06:17 PM
sanchita srivastava

Should I opt for MCA after B.Tech in CS branch?

hi sir, i m sanchita student of b.tech(III yr) from c.s branch and i want to persue mba (it)..... so plz guid eme something

4th February 2012, 12:39 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Should I opt for MCA after B.Tech in CS branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchita srivastava View Post
hi sir, i m sanchita student of b.tech(III yr) from c.s branch and i want to persue mba (it)..... so plz guid eme something
Yes your eligible for MBA course after Complete your B.tech , But you need to crack the Entrance examination to get admission for MBA course in reputed colleges .

MBA in Information Technology is like an Professional course . The duration of the course is for two years and the course is divided into four semester .

Eligibility criteria :-

-The candidate should complete graduation in any stream from recognized university .

-The candidates should be score above 60% percentage of marks in three year bachelor degree . -

-The candidate should qualified in degrees like B.com / BBA / B.E / B.tech / BA / BBA / B.sc etc...

-The candidate should be crack the MBA entrance Examination with good percentile of marks .

-The candidates should have few year work experience .

MBA Entrance Examination :-

-MAT :- Management Aptitude Test

-CAT :- Common Admission Test

-GMAT :- Graduate Management Aptitude Test

-XAT :- Xavier Aptitude Test

So , as per the eligibility criteria your eligible to apply for MBA course in reputed institution , After complete your B.tech course you may apply for any one of the MBA entrance examination so that you may get admission for MBA course .
4th February 2012, 01:22 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchita srivastava View Post
hi!!

you can do Your post graduation program after B.TECH .you want to know whether you should apply for MBA(IT) OR M.C.A.You can also apply for M.TECH
================================================== =====
MCA(Masters of computer applications)

MCA is closely in relation to computer science.hence if you have interest then you should apply for it.
now,

this is a exam for which you need to give entrance exam for some of the good colleges in India.h
wever some colleges also give admission on the basis of percentage in Graduation.

================================================== ====
MBA (Masters of business administration )

it is a is a postgraduate program by which one can get into the top Organisations or multinational companies.with this you can become a MANAGER/Accountant/account officer etc
now,

MBA in IT is a good option for those who want to do a post graduation in MBA like you who want to have a relation with their core branch of GRADUATION
================================================== =========

ELIGIBILITY-MBA

• minimum graduation from a recognised university
  • atleast 60% in graduation.
  • for SC/ST a further relaxation of 5% is allowed
  • for admission in highly reputed colleges you are required to give their own entrance exam
some highly reputed EXAMS

-CAT

-MAT

-GMAT

-XAT

-SNAP

Some reputed colleges MBA

-IIM'S

-IIT'S Also has started its MBA program through CAT

-Xaviers college of management

-nirma university

and many private universities also......

hope this has helped........

with regards
roknits
4th February 2012, 01:23 PM
prafvik

Hello Sanchita,

As you are in B.TECH 3rd year you should get rid off jobs and further education and just focus on studies .

further you want to do MBA so from right now in free hours prepare for entrance exams

of MBA .
6th April 2012, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

Can I do MCA after B.TECH(IT)?
12th July 2012, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

what shud i opt b/w Btech and Integrated MCA??
21st June 2013, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

What is better in b.tech(c.s) and m.c.a
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?