20th October 2018, 03:56 AM
Unregistered

Should I quit BSc(Mathematics) to study BTech course?

Dear Sir/Madam, I have secured admission for BSc course in Mathematics Honours. But I don't know that what benefits I will get through this course. I have a question, that is, should I quit this BSc course and join BTech next year? Please suggest me!

31st October 2018, 05:46 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I quit BSc(Mathematics) to study BTech course?

It will be beneficial for you only when you pursue bachelor's degree in technology from top engineering institutes like NITs, IIITs and IITs. If you will pursue BTech from a simple ordinary college then it will be of no advantage.

Otherwise, you must continue Bachelor of Science in Mathematics. Its a good course and after M.Sc in Mathematics, you will have good job and career opportunities.
2nd November 2018, 12:33 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I quit BSc(Mathematics) to study BTech course?

There are good opportunities to study B.Sc Mathematics. You can go for Civil Service, TET and can go for higher studies. But, if you have a desire to do engineering course to become a good established Engineer, then you should go for B.Tech. Now, if you want to take admission in good Government Engineering Colleges, then you have to appear in Entrance Exams like WBJEE, JEE Main etc. So you have to prepare to crack these exams. Then, I suggest you to quit B.Sc course and prepare for Entrance exam this year. So that, you may get admission in Government Engineering Colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?