12th April 2012, 09:59 PM
LAKSHMI NARAYAN challa

Should I take English as a language in Paper I?

weather i can take english as a language in paper1...please tell me if i should

Related Questions:
  1. How to check IIT JEE Roorkee application form status? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to change from Hindi to English language question paper in AIPMT exam?
  3. IGNOU, Certificate In Teaching Of English, CTE-1, The Language Learner Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. Can I fill various posts of government jobs like IAS,PCS,SI,UPSC after completing BBA Marketing Course?
  5. How to prepare English Language Exam for Bank Exams?
  6. List of best BBA institutes in Mumbai? Information about those colleges?
  7. What should we do to become an IAS officer
  8. Should I take English as a language in Paper I?
  9. How much importance is given to English Language in JPSC exam?
  10. SSLC model question papers for Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English Language, First Language, Kannada Language, 2nd Language and Hindi?
  11. IGNOU Masters in English Aspects of Language Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Karnataka SSLC Second Language Alternate English Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. IGNOU OPENMAT Test for Management Programmes English Language Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. Books and preparation tips for English Language PCS-J Main? -- [New]
  15. Karnataka SSLC Second Language English Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Previous year English Language question paper of ICSE Board
  17. Can I get admission for M.A in English after taking English as Language subject in B.A Degree?
  18. Biju Patnaik University of Technology-B.Tech First Semester Exam, Communicative English Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
13th April 2012, 09:47 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Should I take English as a language in Paper I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKSHMI NARAYAN challa View Post
weather i can take english as a language in paper1...please tell me if i should

Whether To Take English or Not For Paper-1

Since you have nowhere explicitly mentioned about the exam you are going to to take hence I am assuming that you are going in for the UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) which is held in the months of June and December by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for lectureship and JRF (Junior Research Fellowship)..

The Paper-1 is a common paper for candidates from all the streams..hence, there are no electives to choose..

It tests you on your basic reasoning, comprehension, aptitude and general awareness..

The Paper-2 and Paper-3 give you a choice to select your subject which you might have pursued in your post graduation..

Eligibility Criterion :-

Candidates must have the following minimum eligibility criterion for appearing for the UGC NET Exam :-

1) The candidate must be less than 28 years of age for joining the JRF program..

2) The candidate must have completed his post graduation in any stream from a recognized University with an aggregate of 55% (without rounding off) and 50% for the candidates belonging to the reserved categories..

You can visit http://ugcnetonline.in for more details on the exam and for the exam pattern..

I have attached some of the previous year question papers of UGC NET along with this reply..

You can visit the above mentioned link for the syllabus of the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf English-December-2006-2nd-paper.pdf(60.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: pdf English-December-2006-3rd-paper.pdf(60.9 KB, 78 views)
File Type: pdf English-December-2007-2nd-paper.pdf(60.9 KB, 63 views)
File Type: pdf English-December-2007-3rd-paper.pdf(60.9 KB, 79 views)
File Type: pdf English-June-2006-3rd-paper.pdf(60.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: pdf English-June-2007-3rd-paper.pdf(60.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: pdf UGC NET Paper-I.pdf(257.1 KB, 139 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?