4th November 2010, 10:44 AM
viveknayar

Should I Take Up a Job Before Joining B-School?

I'am doing the B.tech in Electrical & Electronic Engineering ( EEE ) .
I wish to pursue a career in 'Management'. So, I've the following questions :
  1. Whether I should take up a job before joining a B-School ?
  2. Should I do my MBA in India or abroad ??

Thank you.

6th November 2010, 06:01 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I Take Up a Job Before Joining B-School?

If you prefer job then you cant get the time to study further.To make a career in mgt.is a good one for u as it not only improves your status but also to increase your salary.Its better that you should do MBA in INDIA if u want to settle in it.But if having more to do then go abroad & learn something new for your bright career.
6th November 2010, 07:33 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by viveknayar View Post

Thank you.
As far as aking a job is concerned is not abad idea as most of the top iim colleges prefer experienced students.
So afer having few years experience you can appear for CAT ecam and proove yourself there instead of going abroad and pursue MBA from iim which is equivalent to any other world mangemnt collegs
6th November 2010, 09:28 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

Since you are an engineer , and if you think that you are capable to do job for the period of two or more year consistantly , then you can enroll yourself in any b-school for getting benifit of sponsership on the basis of prior experience in that company afterthat.

But there are many Iffs and Buts in this process. Like what if you dont get a good company, of which experience is not a good one for your future b-school, then you cant get benifits of this job.
If you dont get the sponsership letter from your company(which oftenly issued only when you do serve in your company for more than 2 years).

But if you join Bschool just after your btech then you may have a chance of getting job very similar to your management profile which is also beneficial for you. However, salary increments would be more if you select first option of doing MBA later, but only if everything go right. So the first option is not a safe one.
31st December 2010, 05:42 PM
Sk.Subhani

Quote:
Originally Posted by viveknayar View Post

Thank you.
Dear friend.

As you are looking for a career in Management. It is obvious that you will be looking for top business schools.

I think its better to pursue MBA from India.
In order to do so you have to appear for CAT test.

I would suggest you to join in the job after your graduation at least for two years because, most of the business schools are giving admissions to only people who have two years of work experience.

There is a reason in their doing so, they want the Business aspirants to get an exposure to professional work. So that, they can view every problem with a different perspective when they join the Business school.

All The Best!
2nd January 2011, 10:27 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

the sugesstion from my side is only that you can do MBA if able to get admission in a good college. if not so you do job which will increase your profile itself.
so take decsion according to situation
19th February 2011, 08:56 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

Take Up a Job Before Joining B-School
suggest you to join in the job after your graduation at least for two years because, most of the business schools are giving admissions to only people who have two years of work experience.
There is a reason in their doing so, they want the Business aspirants to get an exposure to professional work. So that, they can view every problem with a different perspective when they join the Business school.
Since you are an engineer , and if you think that you are capable to do job for the period of two or more year consistantly , then you can enroll yourself in any b-school for getting benifit of sponsership on the basis of prior experience in that company afterthat.

good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?