25th August 2010, 07:22 PM
nalinee wadekar

Soft Skills vs Technical Knowledge? What is more important?

i want to know that what is more important softskills or knowledge???and which is more going to help in company???

25th August 2010, 09:52 PM
Raj333

Default Re: Soft Skills vs Technical Knowledge? What is more important?

dear friend
for placement view Soft Skills and Technical Knowledge both are important .if you are going to the software side then Soft Skills will play major role but technical Knowledge will also important.......................
when you are going in core side then you know technical Knowledge will play major role but Soft Skills have its own importance......
so dear for placement you concentrate on both i.e in Soft Skills and Technical Knowledge...........................

best of luck.....................................
25th August 2010, 10:33 PM
drdo99
Banned

I think it will best in any proportion and thought,as well in every thought and work ,its best to do with the best of knowledge.
at this competitive world,all are important.
25th August 2010, 11:24 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

it depends on the company which is recruiting you.
if its an core company then they will give more importance to technical knowledge,
if its an software firm then they will give equal importance to technical knowledge and soft skills,
also you can get recruited even if you are week in soft skills but its not the vice-versa
25th August 2010, 11:49 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Dear friend,
there are equal weightege of soft skills & technical knowledge.
But in selection procedure in different companies,your technical knowledge will be judge.
In technical interviews, the question are arised from technical knowledge.
So, for getting job, you will be prepared for technical knowledge but in companies your soft skills will be tested.

kindly prepare for both.

good luck.
25th August 2010, 11:50 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Soft Skills vs Technical Knowledge? What is more important?

Dear friend,
there are equal weightege of soft skills & technical knowledge.
But in selection procedure in different companies,your technical knowledge will be judged.
In technical interviews, the question are arised from technical knowledge.

So, for getting job, you will be prepared for technical knowledge but in companies your soft skills will be tested.

kindly prepare for both.

good luck.
25th August 2010, 11:57 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
both are important to get a job into a good company.but being a technical student technical knowledge is more important to get a job into a good company.but at the same time you have to get good soft skills.
Wish you have both.All The Best!!!
26th August 2010, 12:13 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

VS

Basically, Softskills would be more helpful in corporate respect.

Knowledge is endless you will keep gaining it ever, and also just having knowledge will not help you till you have the capability to apply it.

What is essential in this regard is working with team, organisations, sysytem and company, and in this regard soft skills are much applicable and valuable.

Let me explain briefly:-

Which doctor do you go to? The one who is pleasant and takes time to answer your questions; or the one who treats you like a number in a long line of numbered patients?

Likewise, think about accountants. The one who has a great work ethic and encourages his colleagues is the one who will, most likely, excel in his position and organization.......!

So, the main think matters is SOFT SKILLS.

While your Konowledge may get your foot in the door, your soft skills are what open most of the doors to come.

Your work ethic, your attitude, your communication skills, your emotional intelligence and a whole host of other personal attributes are the soft skills that are crucial for career success.

Thats All.....!

Regards
~Faiyaz~
26th August 2010, 08:19 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalinee wadekar View Post
i want to know that what is more important softskills or knowledge???and which is more going to help in company???
As far as soft skills are concerned these are required where you have to deal with customers and provide service. These are very much needed in service based industry like banks, touism etc.

But technical knowledge is required for greater opportunities in technical fields like engineering and technology.
Anybody can posses soft skill through little hard work but technical skills are with those who are hard working guys.
If individual poses technical both it is the best thing for his career but saying which is must for a company is little touch. as you can get good job and opportunity on the basis of your knowledge but you can't sustaIN IT IF YOU ARE A RUDE GUY. So both are essential in an organisation.
Say for instances you are having soft skills you will be a good employee but have less career growth opportunity without knowledge.
26th August 2010, 01:25 PM
rajanivedha

i say soft skills are important and quite often a techni is also important
26th August 2010, 01:46 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friend,

both the skill is very important for a successful person,so both the knowledge is very important for a person.

knowledge is necessary for the full knowledge about the particular fields and the fields related to that person,

and the soft skill includes the different thing such as

communication,

way of talking

body language
26th August 2010, 08:18 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Thats a good questions. I think both are equally important as just one cant help you to succeed in life.

If you have good soft skills then it will help you in communicating your thoughts and ideas and if you have good knowledge then you can conquer the whole world

So you should focus on both the aspects equally. But first of all give more importance to knowledge as soft skills can be developed after you completion of the course

So best of luck
26th August 2010, 08:22 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

now a days soft skill is a essential thing in corporate sector. it is some thing that can take you to top.

it generally mean the following things

1.attitude towards your work

2. your representation skill

3.communication skill

4.body language

5.personality

6.leadership quality

soft skill is very much needed in management sector.

Technical knowledge is your depth knowledge on your own subjects.

it is needed in technical jobs.

now a days both are equally important .

all the best.
26th August 2010, 08:31 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

now a days technical skill is more important in every countries.I argue technical skills. If I write an app with security flaws, that can be a sackable offence. The only thing which is going to secure my future is my technical skills.
you should use technical skill .
27th August 2010, 12:40 AM
KHAN20

dear friend
i think if u r interested in software then u must improve your soft skills&if u r interested in core sectos then u must improve ur knowledge.
good luck.
27th August 2010, 05:17 AM
charli

dear friend,

in my view technical Knowledge is more important than Soft Skills.because without soft skill you can get job.but without technical Knowledge you can't get job.

best of luck.
27th August 2010, 06:03 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Quote:
you should generate the following
attitude towards your work

your representation skill

communication skill
.body language

personality

leadership quality
best of luck dear,
27th August 2010, 07:05 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

both are equally important to get a job..

if you want to go in software sector then soft skills are very important..

if you want to go in core company then technical knowledge is very important..

At the time of interview soft skills are very important and at the time of technical test technical knowledge is very important.

to get a job you have to pass both the test , so both are equally important..

all the best..
27th August 2010, 09:51 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friends,

both the knowledge is very much necessary for a successful person.

the knowledge about your own fields and your own subjects is your technical

knowledge.

and to express or present your knowledge among the people with your

knowledge is the soft skill.

so both knowledge is essential.
19th February 2011, 06:04 PM
sonalgoel1

Smile Re: Soft Skills vs Technical Knowledge? What is more important?

Quote:
hello,

well these two are equally important and required. No one can excel in todays world without the absence of one. Technical skills help you to perform better whereas soft skills will help you in dealing better with people which can earn you more work.

Today every company that visits the campuses for recruitment checks for both in the students. Different phases of interviews are conducted to check the both. And there are experts to judge them. Any student not performing not performing upto their requirement is not taken in by them. So it won't be wise if we say that only one will suffice because both are interdependent.

good luck
26th November 2011, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

which book would be best for referring soft skills and technical one...please help me..
30th April 2012, 12:30 AM
rajmai

My friend the most important thing to enter into company is Soft Skill with little bit of technical knowledge (i mean basics of your area of interest) because after entering to company they will be giving training , there you can improve your technical skills more and more.

Nowadays the company gives you offer letter and after two or three months they will give one login ID where you will find study material and assignment

They will also give you due date to study those materials and finish those assignments.

1st Approach:

Give more importance to soft skill and 75 % marks in academics

2nd Approach:

If you have very good grade in your academics (that is you are in the top 5 of your class) then no problem most of the companies prefer to take top 5 or 10 and they will call for direct HR that is no aptitude test for them. But the interviewer will check for communication skills that is she /he is able to speak without any lagging. Here only 40 % of the soft skills is used.

The interviewer will ask to write programs.

Note : if companies have only two rounds (Aptitude and HR) then direct HR For toppers but if they have 4 rounds (Aptitude, GD, Technical and HR) then the toppers will attend GD, technical and HR.

Thank for reading my post.
God Bless you.
Hope you get placed in reputed company.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?