3rd October 2018, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

Steps to become an IPS Officer for BTech Chemical student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am studying BTech course with Chemical Engineering. After completing my BTech, I wish to become an IPS Officer. I would like to know about the steps through which I can achieve my aim. Kindly let me know about the steps asap. Thank you!

6th October 2018, 08:44 PM
Subjectexpert

Default Re: Steps to become an IPS Officer for BTech Chemical student?

IPS or Indian Police Service is one the prestigious Government services in our country besides IAS (Indian Administrative Service), IRS( Indian Revenue Service), IFS(Indian Foreign service).

Selection to IPS is done through Civil Service examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Civil Service Examination has 3 stages , namely Preliminary Exam, Mains and Interview.

In this scheme Preliminary exam is a qualifying exam of objective type carrying 200 marks.

Civil service mains examination is a written exam carrying total marks of 1750. This includes Four General studies papers, 2 papers of optional and two language papers.

Interview stage is of 275 marks.

Overall merit is prepared on basis of Mains and Interview combined. Total 2025 marks.

To be selected for IPS you will have to clear all 3 stages and come within top 100-200.

PREPARATION STRATEGY

To start preparing for this exam you need to first study the syllabus and previous year question papers.

After that you can start building your knowledge by reading NCERTs and standard books.

Make a habit of reading newspaper daily.

Practice both objective type and subjective questions.

You can appear in Exam after B.Tech as minimum educational qualification is graduation.

You can give six attempts between the age of 21 to 32(for general category)
7th October 2018, 01:28 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become an IPS Officer for BTech Chemical student?

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to become an IPS officer, you need to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the same examination is conducted in three stages which includes Preliminary Test followed by Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

--> The basic qualifications required for appearing in the Civil Services examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

Note :- for the IPS wing of the Civil Services examination, you are required to hold the physical fitness as per the service requirements.

So, being a B.Tech degree holder, you need to qualify the Civil Services examination for becoming an IPS officer.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?